Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Survey on exiting mabi

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited July 31, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
I don't mind the occasional satisfaction survey with games, but seriously why use IE? It shouldn't be that hard to have the survey pop-up in the player's default browser. Reason being, IE has so many vulnerabilities it's not even safe to even open it, let alone answer a quick survey.

And considering not all of us use win10, win7 here but only cause I'm out of work and covid is going around, plus my laptop is 10 years old, so putting win10 on it is like putting new tires on an old rusted car.

Sure my AV could probably catch any virus that got through during the survey, but I'm not willing to risk my laptop for a survey that could easily be put on the site occasionally or be opened in a player's default browser.

Plus, it's not like it'd even be that hard to code. More than likely you'd just have to change where the survey opens up.
Atheist42

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    That survey exists as long as i discovered Mabinogi and started playing it. So about 5 years now... I'm wondering if that survey is even relevant, because i don't think so.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Greta wrote: »
    That survey exists as long as i discovered Mabinogi and started playing it. So about 5 years now... I'm wondering if that survey is even relevant, because i don't think so.

Well put, literally
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think they still use it when they do get proper feedback responses.
    But, have you've seen any service out there that continuously asks for feedback?
    I personally think it's great for consumers giving you the opportunity to talk about your experience once in a while.

However, I think most people (me included) do not take advantage of it.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited August 5, 2020
    I actually forgot about surveys cause I haven't exited out of mabi the normal way in years.
    Task Manager + End Task for me :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Harukari wrote: »
    I actually forgot about surveys cause I haven't exited out of mabi the normal way in years.
    Task Manager + End Task for me :D

RIP
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    I don't mind the occasional satisfaction survey with games, but seriously why use IE? It shouldn't be that hard to have the survey pop-up in the player's default browser. Reason being, IE has so many vulnerabilities it's not even safe to even open it, let alone answer a quick survey.

Agreed. I've never answered the survey for exactly this reason.
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Their cash shop is also on internet explore, which is why it works... half of the time.
  • I doubt anyone at Nexon NA even has permission to rewrite which browser the exit survey opens. It probably specifically asks for IE instead of the default browser; That is the only reason it specifically opens IE.