Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Input a secondary paswrod after DC'd

NovancyNovancy
Mabinogi Rep: 780
in Help
Sometimes I get disconnected and after rebooting the game, it asks for a secondary password to be set despite me already having it set. Any attempts to input it will result in it being incorrect. I know this is a known issue (to players at least, not sure about NX knowing but tbh how could they not know by now) and I know others have it too sometimes. I reboot the game over and over and it will not fix itself for about 20 or more minutes. This wastes skill potions (like it did just now >:/ ) and will ruin my chances of reentering a dungeon should I have been in one so it's getting to be frustrating and it seems like the time to wait keeps increasing.

Are there any remedies or prevention methods at all?
Danisfox

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    The staff are aware, but haven't discovered any work-arounds for the time being. I can't even tell if it's the game itself or the internet service, so it's hard to say whether there are prevention methods that can be taken. :/
  • NovancyNovancy
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Fluorette wrote: »
    ...I can't even tell if it's the game itself or the internet service...

I think it's the game that does it. Sure, it's my internet that makes me DC but since I can't find any Mabinogi processes present on my computer in between the log in attempts, I feel like it has to be the game itself that causes the 2nd password thing. Also I found out that when this happens, your character is still "in the game" as in other people can see you standing there until the issue stops. So I think it's got something to do with the game thinking you're still logged in, maybe there's a disconnect or lag present. Idk, all I know is that once your character disappears from view in game, you're able to log back in.

It's happened 3 times in a row today and makes the game nearly unplayable for me. Guess I'll have to get better internet then, since that seems like the only way I can avoid the issue.

(also wow, I really spelled password wrong in the title huh lmao)
    Danisfox
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Novancy wrote: »
    I think it's the game that does it. Sure, it's my internet that makes me DC but since I can't find any Mabinogi processes present on my computer in between the log in attempts, I feel like it has to be the game itself that causes the 2nd password thing. Also I found out that when this happens, your character is still "in the game" as in other people can see you standing there until the issue stops. So I think it's got something to do with the game thinking you're still logged in, maybe there's a disconnect or lag present. Idk, all I know is that once your character disappears from view in game, you're able to log back in.

It's happened 3 times in a row today and makes the game nearly unplayable for me. Guess I'll have to get better internet then, since that seems like the only way I can avoid the issue.

(also wow, I really spelled password wrong in the title huh lmao)

OH, sorry. I wasn't exactly clear.
    It's the game that brings up the second password after a disconnection, indeed, and you do remain logged on in that entire time period (it's exactly 15 minutes on my end). I was referring to the source of the disconnections in my previous post. I thought it was just me getting kicked off due to my 'net connection/service (which hasn't been good for a while). However, I noticed more than a handful of other players pointing out that they'll get disconnected at certain points as well, when they normally would not.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Dunno if it helps, but relaunching game, relogging in website, and relogging in Steam don't consistently fix it. 100% success comes from restarting PC, unfortunately.