Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Since elves can't duel wield . . .

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited September 21, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
. . . what about this: elves are supposed to be the most physically weak but have the highest mental acuity, so, why not let them hold a wand in their off (shield) hand. Wands aren't heavy and we can say the elves are just mentally quick enough to magic with their off hand.

Helsa0151 of Alexina

Comments

• DJsanwitDJsanwit
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    = .= What do you try to suggest? Dual staff>wand? Sword > Wand/Staff XD And become Grandraf?
    I think it would be better to just suggest another weapon with high movement speed/dodge skill similar to final hit skill such as dual dagger, Or add a little bit more AOE skill into it but have a low damage.

Or can just equip off-hand like you said but added the debuff infected to the enemy when attack with a debuff skill or when using melee skill to counter in close range combat such as counter attack/windmill/assault slash .

Or a Magic Dirk that allow the player to retrieve it from the long range after throw it out to enemy using skill or etc...
  • HelsaHelsa
    I mean just what it says. Their other hand can hold whatever it can when they hold a shield: blade, blunt, axe, wand, etc.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Double cast spells?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Double cast spells?

Instant fusebolt cast?
    KensamaofmariBronzebreak
  • VasumatiVasumati
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    edited September 28, 2020
    Giants can dual wield blunts, elves can dual wield swords; allow humans to do both; and even mix sword and blunt. Humans whole shtick is versatility; and they where known for their dual wielding. Make it so nexon.

The scimitar may be a sub-par weapon, but it is is so aestechicly pleasing.. love the dang thing. There's no reason elves shouldnt be able dual wield at least daggers, and scimitars.
  • HelsaHelsa
    or reflecting what is supposed to be the varying strength of each race: elves can duel wield tools, thus giving a reason to do the tool combat upgrades. Humans can duel wield tools and any one-handed weapons, like mace with gladius, say. Giants can duel wield all that and whatever they can carry with a shield, so say claymore with lance.

At least that would make sense in game logic.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited September 29, 2020
    TBH I'd rather stay away from having dual-wield tools but I've never seen an issue with Elves dual wielding fast/very fast weapons (daggers, phoenix feather swords, that lot).
    I don't think humans need blunt; if any (non-elf) addition were to occur on dual-wielding, I'd want Giants to be able to also dual-axe.
  • LoraLora
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited November 26, 2020
    Technically our dual-wield skill is the ability to shoot 2 arrows at once. However since this causes us to have a higher miss chance, I don't really see it as a feature. While I like the idea of dual-magic, I don't see it being efficient in the current game. The reason being that INT-Magic does not work well together, with the exception being dual-casting thunder. If you were to argue dual-casting fusion bolt, that's already a feature with a spirit wand.

My suggestion for a more balanced dual-weapon would be swords or an elven specific weapon we can use for dual wielding.
    Lindasha