Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CAN T GET ONTO THE GAME

PepperPepper
Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
edited September 24, 2020 in General Chat
Anyone else can t get onto Mabi. I was on earlier then shut it down now I can t get back on. Starts all ok get to the Start Mabinogi sign in with second password. Get to start page hit start. Bar fills up. Tries putting me into Dunbarton then poof back to Star Mabinogi Screen, Tried restarting the computer. Tried running a fix on the client nothing works

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 24, 2020
    Try changing the start channel. You might be glitched out of the channel you were on for a while.

...and by a while, meaning until next maintenance. Sorry.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    run msconfig and enable safe mode with networking if it doesn't run in that then reset to factory or contact Nexon tech support, make them sweat for awhile before THEY tell you to reset to factory, and if THAT doesn't work . . . God is speaking to you.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 25, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    run msconfig and enable safe mode with networking if it doesn't run in that then reset to factory or contact Nexon tech support, make them sweat for awhile before THEY tell you to reset to factory, and if THAT doesn't work . . . God is speaking to you.

Don't listen to her, she got lit and broke her computer this week. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

It took me all day yesterday to copy my files off device. I'm running the factory reset now. Story at eleven.
  • HelsaHelsa
    As promised . . . WOT WARNING
    What an ordeal! So, my Nexon launcher would not open. It worked just the previous day, but today no-go. So, off to the Windows Firewall I go and try to whitelist it. It says MacAfee is handling firewall duties. My Macafee had expired so I uninstalled it. Minor miracle: THAT went off without a hitch! Back to the Windows Firewall I go and I whitelist the Nexon Launcher, which was not on the list. I try to run it and nope. I boot into safe made with networking and it still doesn't run! I uninstall it and confirm all files were deleted and reinstall it. Still in safe mode with networking it STILL didn't load!

I don't see how this is even possible. I consider contacting Nexon technical support but all they're going to do is sweat a lot and tell me to contact Microsoft or my laptop vendor or laptop manufacturer. All they're gonna tell me is to reset to factory. So, I save all that trouble and decide to go to DEFCON 1 and use the big stick! Porting all my data off-device takes a mere 20 hours. Then I do a full clean reset to factory (that's where it zero's the HD first, then resets) that was about 8 hours.

I set it back up, download the Nexon launcher, install it, AND IT RUNS; halle-fricken-lujah! So now I click to install Mabinogi. I get a "this program cannot be installed error with an error number". The error window is a Nexon window NOT a Microsoft one, so the error number is a Nexon one. I search Nexon for the error and all I get are forum hits of people saying "I'm getting this error!". I decide to complete my windows updates to see if that might take care of it. I do and the Nexon Launcher stops loading. Fortunately, I did this in lots rather than all at once. The final lot I did was security updates. So, I uninstall them and the launcher comes back to life. But I still get the same error trying to install Mabinogi.

I take a leap of faith that it is some kind of transient error that occurs when the install is interrupted or disturbed somehow by outside action so I decide to erase whatever files were installed and try again. At this point, the sun is over the pacific ocean so I figure traffic in-and-out of Nexon's data-center will be at a minimum and that this would be my best chance to avoid the error if my guess is right. Mabinogi is A LOT bigger than the last time I loaded it from scratch; it takes a while but the second attempt goes off without a scratch. Mabinogi installs!!!

I try to run it and I get some missing dll errors. I Google them. The best Einsteins Google could give me all said, reinstall. I used some language unbecoming a lady and went to bed. The next morning I searched the first error again. Scrolling down I saw a hit from Microsoft's website. It recommended, downloading and installing a KB#######. Off to control panel I go. I go to windows update and click search for updates. The KB is not in the list. I go to Programs and Features to installed windows updates and it's not in that list either. Well, beggars can't be choosers and that Microsoft page provided a link to download the installer for the KB. I hover the mouse and the download link is Microsoft.com and is an https. So, I download the file first, saving it to my desktop, then run it, just in case fate decides to have more sport with me.

Well that did the trick, and it only took me 2 and a half days. My guess as to what was happening is that the security update caused the Nexon Launcher to not be able to communicate with Nexon and so the launcher discontinues execution. It fails silently though. Also, safe mode with networking should have shut down any security software blocking it. Since, I don't work at Nexon, I don't have to figure it out.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    As promised . . . WOT WARNING
    What an ordeal! So, my Nexon launcher would not open. It worked just the previous day, but today no-go. So, off to the Windows Firewall I go and try to whitelist it. It says MacAfee is handling firewall duties. My Macafee had expired so I uninstalled it. Minor miracle: THAT went off without a hitch! Back to the Windows Firewall I go and I whitelist the Nexon Launcher, which was not on the list. I try to run it and nope. I boot into safe made with networking and it still doesn't run! I uninstall it and confirm all files were deleted and reinstall it. Still in safe mode with networking it STILL didn't load!

I don't see how this is even possible. I consider contacting Nexon technical support but all they're going to do is sweat a lot and tell me to contact Microsoft or my laptop vendor or laptop manufacturer. All they're gonna tell me is to reset to factory. So, I save all that trouble and decide to go to DEFCON 1 and use the big stick! Porting all my data off-device takes a mere 20 hours. Then I do a full clean reset to factory (that's where it zero's the HD first, then resets) that was about 8 hours.

I set it back up, download the Nexon launcher, install it, AND IT RUNS; halle-fricken-lujah! So now I click to install Mabinogi. I get a "this program cannot be installed error with an error number". The error window is a Nexon window NOT a Microsoft one, so the error number is a Nexon one. I search Nexon for the error and all I get are forum hits of people saying "I'm getting this error!". I decide to complete my windows updates to see if that might take care of it. I do and the Nexon Launcher stops loading. Fortunately, I did this in lots rather than all at once. The final lot I did was security updates. So, I uninstall them and the launcher comes back to life. But I still get the same error trying to install Mabinogi.

I take a leap of faith that it is some kind of transient error that occurs when the install is interrupted or disturbed somehow by outside action so I decide to erase whatever files were installed and try again. At this point, the sun is over the pacific ocean so I figure traffic in-and-out of Nexon's data-center will be at a minimum and that this would be my best chance to avoid the error if my guess is right. Mabinogi is A LOT bigger than the last time I loaded it from scratch; it takes a while but the second attempt goes off without a scratch. Mabinogi installs!!!

I try to run it and I get some missing dll errors. I Google them. The best Einsteins Google could give me all said, reinstall. I used some language unbecoming a lady and went to bed. The next morning I searched the first error again. Scrolling down I saw a hit from Microsoft's website. It recommended, downloading and installing a KB#######. Off to control panel I go. I go to windows update and click search for updates. The KB is not in the list. I go to Programs and Features to installed windows updates and it's not in that list either. Well, beggars can't be choosers and that Microsoft page provided a link to download the installer for the KB. I hover the mouse and the download link is Microsoft.com and is an https. So, I download the file first, saving it to my desktop, then run it, just in case fate decides to have more sport with me.

Well that did the trick, and it only took me 2 and a half days. My guess as to what was happening is that the security update caused the Nexon Launcher to not be able to communicate with Nexon and so the launcher discontinues execution. It fails silently though. Also, safe mode with networking should have shut down any security software blocking it. Since, I don't work at Nexon, I don't have to figure it out.

Moral of the story; don't drink and troubleshoot.
    WolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

So Ferghus doesn't get the blame this time?
    Musicat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 29, 2020

So Ferghus doesn't get the blame this time?

Meet ferghus's illegit daughter.

Oh lookie, I am over 50k likes now.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 30, 2020
    Meet ferghus's illegit daughter.

It can't be me; I solved my problem. So, I must be related to Edern. Perhaps that time he went east in his youth. As for Ferghus' illegit daughter, I blame that on the WV home-schooling system. :)
    Oh lookie, I am over 50k likes now.

The timing and place to announce that . . . NICE!
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 30, 2020
    ADMINS! Us common peons need more buttons!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    ADMINS! Us common peons need more buttons!

Emoji buttons