Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Dungeon Impossible :(

MAnderson13MAnderson13
Mabinogi Rep: 710
in Help
Hello, I started playing again after many years. I remember doing the cooking dungeons and having a hard time with them before but I was eventually able to figure out how to do it and earn some of the rewards. upon returning to the game, for the life of me I cannot figure out how I completed it before. I know Glewyas has to tenderize everything and then you attack it and all the other basics of how the dungeon works. It just takes me like 5 minutes to kill like 4 fruit in the easiest dungeon because everything in the dungeon completely wrecks me. I need to get enough seals or whatever to buy the pizza making book to increase my cooking but I cant survive this dungeon or get even remotely close. I am cumulative level 1146. Please help lol.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you're doing this for cooking ranks, don't. Either use the lvl 200 bonus and skip them entirely, or use training seals.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you're doing this for cooking ranks, don't. Either use the lvl 200 bonus and skip them entirely, or use training seals.

I agree. If you don't have the right skills, the difficulty is too high.
    I've wasted millions on royal food lists before I got a bunch of skill seals to basically max my cooking ranks and now I just have a bunch of leftover lists available just sitting there as a bad reminder of my bad investment.
  • MAnderson13MAnderson13
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    edited October 15, 2020
    Wow, I completely forgot this was an option. thank you so much haha.
    Wow, I completely forgot this was an option. thank you so much haha.

Be sure to actually train the trainable parts of the rank before using a skill seal.
    And if you have the homestead house cooking bonus, it will make training a breeze.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Personally I recommend the leveling to 200 and then training, I went from r9 -> r1 (with master title) in 1 night of cooking. My wife did the same thing.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    Personally I recommend the leveling to 200 and then training, I went from r9 -> r1 (with master title) in 1 night of cooking. My wife did the same thing.

Yeah lvl 200 bonus is the bomb. I got all the way to rank one tailoring by just making head bands.
    Lvl 200 + homestead and if you have skill training pots and literally it will take no more than a couple hours (even when doing it lazily).
  • ZetophiZetophi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
    So how does this "Level 200 Bonus" Work?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Zetophi wrote: »

After current level 100, you receive a multiplier to the worth of each training method for skills under your currently active talent, starting at 1.50x and increasing by 0.05 every 10 levels after that, so 1.55x at 110, 1.60x at 120, etc, etc, all the way to 2.0x at level 200.

So if you're level 200 and your current talent is Cooking, all skills under the Cooking talent will have their training worth twice as much EXP per count.
    So a +2.00 exp count will become +4.00 at level 200, without affecting the number of counts for the skill.

So since every cooking rank normally gets 50.00 EXP from the book, and the rest from the other training, getting 2.0x training exp worth means you can completely skip needing the book.
    The opposite holds true as well, if you had the book and level 200, you wouldn't need to actually do the other training.

If the skill you want to train has EXP Reforges, or is one of the Homestead Housing research related skills, you can make use of those on top of the Level 100+ bonus.

And of course none of this is limited to Cooking, it works with whatever your active talent is.
    And if your Active talent is a Hero Talent like Starlet or Culinary Artist you'll be able to make use of this bonus for all of the talents included under the Hero Talent.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 10, 2020
    Stormbeast wrote: »

Definitely, you can repeat that same story for many other skills as well. For example, I got Tailoring to rank 1 by only making headbands.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Zetophi wrote: »

After current level 100, you receive a multiplier to the worth of each training method for skills under your currently active talent, starting at 1.50x and increasing by 0.05 every 10 levels after that, so 1.55x at 110, 1.60x at 120, etc, etc, all the way to 2.0x at level 200.

So if you're level 200 and your current talent is Cooking, all skills under the Cooking talent will have their training worth twice as much EXP per count.
    So a +2.00 exp count will become +4.00 at level 200, without affecting the number of counts for the skill.

So since every cooking rank normally gets 50.00 EXP from the book, and the rest from the other training, getting 2.0x training exp worth means you can completely skip needing the book.
    The opposite holds true as well, if you had the book and level 200, you wouldn't need to actually do the other training.

If the skill you want to train has EXP Reforges, or is one of the Homestead Housing research related skills, you can make use of those on top of the Level 100+ bonus.

And of course none of this is limited to Cooking, it works with whatever your active talent is.
    And if your Active talent is a Hero Talent like Starlet or Culinary Artist you'll be able to make use of this bonus for all of the talents included under the Hero Talent.

Right, and bear in mind that the lvl 200 bonus is useless for mastering skills.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Level 200 ftw. 2x bonus in whatever talent you are in. Pretty simple and easy to get to get to with the weekend bonuses we got going on right now.