Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Game Freeze when using a specifict sword

DurutadDurutad
Mabinogi Rep: 305
in Help
hey i have an old sword called marshal dragon fang that have a small chance of summoning a marshal skeleton wolf to aid me for short time in shadow missions but it have a problem, every time it summon 1 the game freeze for 10 secs just me and the summons but the mobs still moving and worst attacking me. Is there any way to report this and fix it becuse this problem is new
Bronzebreak

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I don't have any suggestions but that is hella cool and I've never seen it before.
    Too bad it can't be traded otherwise I'd be willing to take the problem off your hands. :(
  • DurutadDurutad
    some how it get fixed now it takes around 2-3 seconds is more reasonable then before
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    this sounds like it could have been related to pet summon lag. the summoning process for the skeleton and the pets seems like it's treated in the same way.

the next questions here would be why do some get this while others don't? and what could have possibly caused the problem to lessen on your end? hmmm...
    Durutad
  • DurutadDurutad
    i never see it that way, soo yeah the pet summon lag is almost the same but in this problem im unable to do a thing, while the pet let me throw atleast a skill
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's a combination of two issues.

First, is the lag when your wolf first spawns in.
    This is the issue over in the bug report. I can't give much help in that regard, except it seems to affect certain characters, while some go unaffected.

Second, is an issue with all summon-type things with very active AI.
    Your summons will just flood your client with so many commands in a short period of time, it essentially clogs up your own inputs.
    This is noticeable if you do something like give yourself a Ragdoll weapon that summons enemies and then summon a partner that ALSO is equipped with a Ragdoll weapon that summons enemies.
    You'd end up with like 8 summons, your partner, AND your own character all telling the client "Hey, i'm gonna attack that monster!" all at once, and it can lead to situations of you yourself not being able to tell the game what you want your actual character to do.

I don't remember the Marshal weapons summoning things for TOO long, but the things they do summon have pretty active AIs that are always wanting to spam attack the nearest target, it could lead to issues on its own.
    FluoretteDurutad
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Durutad wrote: »
    i never see it that way, soo yeah the pet summon lag is almost the same but in this problem im unable to do a thing, while the pet let me throw atleast a skill

If I get the lag I can't do squat. )))): weird how it's gotta work out that way.

Iyasenu wrote: »
    SNIPPITY SNIP

dang... so then TWO. This certainly adds more needless layers of complexity :S Thanks for the comprehensive report.
    Durutad