Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinovel Issues

HekatrisHekatris
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in Bugs and Glitches
Hi, so one of the things I had been itching to do after coming back to Mabinogi was write a couple mabinovels and see how the community responded. I really like the lore of Erinn and I was hoping to write some convincing expansions that flesh out lore that I feel was left vague or unexplained. Mabinovels seemed like the perfect medium for this. Years ago, when they were first released, I remember I wrote my first Mabinovel: Song of the Black Rose. It was a short sequence about Kristell looking for Tarlach in Sidhe Sneatcha and finding Lassar also looking for Tarlach. I remember I received notes asking about sequels and lots of transcribes on that novel.

So, when I came back and tried to start working on a more ambitious project, I was really disappointed when the Mabinovel writing tool seemed to glitch out. For one, it seems that you can't use quotation marks or even apostrophes. It seems to glitch out the engine and it will delete everything you've written after that point, even if you save it as a draft. Also, I was only able to write about 7 entries before the writing tool would close by itself and anything after that 7 entries would be gone. I really hope that you guys take a look at Mabinovel and try to streamline its performance. To me, it seems clear that it is a little buggy at this point.