Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Pets to revitalize old in-game things

RelinquishedRelinquished
Mabinogi Rep: 1,635
edited January 2, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
We need the following pets for the following things :

1. Pet Training Stick (Mostly for Music Pets and to have a pet on your arm)
A) Crow [Normal Eyes]
B) Raven [Red Eyes]
C) Parrot (Color)
D) Skeleton Bird
E) Baby Pheonix (Color)
F) Seagull
G) Dove
H) Baby Wyvern
2. Transforming Pets
A) Crystal Mech (Divination Transformation)
B) Lynx-like cat thing (Elf Transformation)
C) Dingo-Looking Dog thing (Giant Transformation)
3. Resource Pets
A) Botanic Turtle (Shyllien Ecology Training)
B) Radiant Turtle (Mineology)
C) Majestic Rooster (Egg Collecting)
D) Organic Turtle, three types (Hoeing, Harvesting, Mushroom Gathering)

SPECIAL NOTE ... You can Ride the Turtles. :)

Comments

• Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    I don't really understand what Section 1 is trying to request.

Section 2 would be cool, if Transformations became generally useful again. As it stands, most Combatinogi wouldn't bother transforming (unless they had a [Transformation-related Max Damage Reforge effect] on some gear or an echostone and/or needed a quick damage reduction for whatever reason) -- and they sure wouldn't use anything other than Corgis, Tuans (rarely), and generally (much) faster mount pets. But, something tells me this is mainly just for some more aesthetic-related stuff (especially because Divinity itself is more aesthetic than anything else). Now that I'm talking about it, I think we first may need to actually address the neglectfulness of the developers towards keeping transformations relevant to modern gameplay.

Section 3 seems reasonable: more pets to help boost skill training. But, we have the Catsidhe and with so many buffs present in the game (from Homestead to Pets to Training Multiplier Potions to Active Talent + Level buffs to General Event Buffs), this is pretty much now just an aesthetic request to be able to ride a big turtle; in which case, neither for nor against.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I don't really understand what Section 1 is trying to request.

Section 2 would be cool, if Transformations became generally useful again. As it stands, most Combatinogi wouldn't bother transforming (unless they had a [Transformation-related Max Damage Reforge effect] on some gear or an echostone and/or needed a quick damage reduction for whatever reason) -- and they sure wouldn't use anything other than Corgis, Tuans (rarely), and generally (much) faster mount pets. But, something tells me this is mainly just for some more aesthetic-related stuff (especially because Divinity itself is more aesthetic than anything else). Now that I'm talking about it, I think we first may need to actually address the neglectfulness of the developers towards keeping transformations relevant to modern gameplay.

Section 3 seems reasonable: more pets to help boost skill training. But, we have the Catsidhe and with so many buffs present in the game (from Homestead to Pets to Training Multiplier Potions to Active Talent + Level buffs to General Event Buffs), this is pretty much now just an aesthetic request to be able to ride a big turtle; in which case, neither for nor against.

Section 1 must be talking about ideas for new pets to take advantage of that Pet Instructor Stick item. That thing that certain small bird pets can use to roost on your arm with their Rest skill.
    These are some cute ideas, currently I think there's like only a handful of pets that can take advantage of this item.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    edited January 3, 2021

Uh...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 3, 2021
    nomigid15 wrote: »

Uh...

Someone needs to tell op about phantasmal sight and about the birds and the bees.

:D

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    A) Crystal Mech (Divination Transformation)

As opposed to Crystal Meth induced Divination Transformation.