Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

✮ Cylinder Spirit Weapon + Chain Cylinder ✮

KittymewmewKittymewmew
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Feedback and Suggestions
If a high level spirit staff is allowed to have chain cast for fireball with no coold own on its chain cast why cant a high level spirit cylinder have have 0 second cool-down for Chain Cylinder?

I am a Master Battle alchemist, and when the Chain Cylinder is on cool down my water cannon is only doing 1000 damage to normal mobs, and 50 to 100 damage vs bosses and higher level monsters".

This is not fair because a mage's chain cast dose not have a cool down at all. On top of that a high level spirit staff gets to have chain cast for fireball, so Unfair for us alchemist who has to wait a whole 10 second's for the Chain Cylinder to let us do any damage at all.

I recommend that you add a option to the high level spirit cylinder to let us put points in to having 0 second cool down for chain cylinder.

(PS: lots of players on discord has said that they'd never play a alchemist, because they think a alchemist is weak because of the cool down on chain cylinder)

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited January 6, 2021
    Ah, you haven't actually seen an end-game alchemist then. You CAN get 0-second cooldown on chain cylinder, and it's very very powerful. FAR more powerful than chaincasting fireball or thunder. Because it's so much better, it's more costly: You need to ERG upgrade the cylinder, and you'll be able to reach 0 second cooldown on chain cylinder.

Now, it's expensive. It's not something a beginner alchemist can get easily. But, if you work towards it and do get it, alchemy can be far more powerful than magic.

If you need information on Erg upgrades, look here, or ask other players: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Erg

In addition to Erg, you can reduce chain cylinder's cooldown by getting a Revenant Insight Cylinder. It's one of the best cylinders in the game, so it's also expensive, but it's worth it if you plan to get a powerful water cannon.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited January 12, 2021
    If a high level spirit staff is allowed to have chain cast for fireball with no coold own on its chain cast why cant a high level spirit cylinder have have 0 second cool-down for Chain Cylinder?
    Because Cylinder has it on Erg.
    I am a Master Battle alchemist, and when the Chain Cylinder is on cool down my water cannon is only doing 1000 damage to normal mobs, and 50 to 100 damage vs bosses and higher level monsters".

Magic's the same way. The more charges you stack, the stronger it becomes. Generally, you'll need to start researching ways to improve your damage. If you're expecting a low-tier, unspecialized cylinder to do high damage just off of a Rank 1 Water Cannon/Water Alchemy Mastery without Erg levels, without enchants and reforged gear for the damage boosts, and also without Rain Casting active, then reassess your expectations. You'll also have to learn how to reduce magical defenses of enemies so that your alchemy attacks can hit harder. Somehow, I think you'll still find your damage quite lacking even if you did have 0 CD.
    This is not fair because a mage's chain cast dose not have a cool down at all. On top of that a high level spirit staff gets to have chain cast for fireball, so Unfair for us alchemist who has to wait a whole 10 second's for the Chain Cylinder to let us do any damage at all.
    There are ways you can reduce the cooldown, involving mastering some titles like "Master of Chain Cylinder" and "Master of Golden Time." I'd get started on those, first.
    I recommend that you add a option to the high level spirit cylinder to let us put points in to having 0 second cool down for chain cylinder.

(PS: lots of players on discord has said that they'd never play a alchemist, because they think a alchemist is weak because of the cool down on chain cylinder)
    Again, Cylinder has Erg for reducing Chain Cylinder's Cooldown. Also, it has Revenant and Perseus weapons that reduce it further. Get started on obtaining them, or find other ways to "be an alchemist (tm)."

Anyway, it's weak in that it's not going to hit tremendously hard on a lot of things -- even if you go hard on boosting its Erg and grabbing all the high-tier enchants and weaponry. It's primarily used a mobbing weapon, not a boss-killer. The same applies to magic, but comparing magic to alchemy as a basis for your suggestion is already fallible. "Make Alchemy like Magic" can simply be answered with "Just use magic." So, get versatile, sweetie.