Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GIVE TARA AUCTION HOUSE BETTER NEWER ITEMS?

eldraiseldrais
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
edited January 16, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
seeing the tara auction house scroll by on the screen made me realize the items that go up for auction are really outdated. Could it be possible to update it to have better and newer items? Most items really aren't used anymore...
  1. UPDATE WITH BETTER ITEMS? YES OR NO?5 votes
    1. YES
       100% (5 votes)
    2. NO
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited January 16, 2021
    Seems like a good idea to me, just a couple of things...

What do they change or add to it? (Protective Stones and Golden Experience Fruit?)
    And...
    Would you be okay with probably never getting any of it due to the whales snatching it up during their currency-measuring contests?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited January 16, 2021

What do they change or add to it? (Protective Stones and Golden Experience Fruit?)
    And...
    Would you be okay with probably never getting any of it due to the whales snatching it up during their currency-measuring contests?

I mean, I would. Lol. It's how I make most of my gold, swooping in and doubling my gold. Being opportunistic is a survival skill. Your altruistic world is not structurally sound. You'll see that soon.
  • eldraiseldrais
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045

And...

I see your point with bots and what not, it just seems that part is just really outdated. Maybe more items instead of just 2 and items that are more commonly used that are not in high demand. Like materials, enchants, etc.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited January 17, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »

And...

I mean, I would. Lol. It's how I make most of my gold, swooping in and doubling my gold. Being opportunistic is a survival skill. Your altruistic world is not structurally sound. You'll see that soon.

What are you even talking about, man? lmao
    eldrais wrote: »

And...

I see your point with bots and what not, it just seems that part is just really outdated. Maybe more items instead of just 2 and items that are more commonly used that are not in high demand. Like materials, enchants, etc.

That's easy to say, but you have to understand that demands change over time. What's low-demand now could easily become high again in the future because of some random event. So, maybe we should have cycles? Monthly changes or seasonal changes, rather than daily/weekly cycles? The Tara Bidding system actually has a lot of potential and could be used to actively involve player input and request, and allow the devs to provide extra opportunities for players with the fattest wallets to get extra resources. Joking aside, that simply could be slightly curbed with introducing monthly or seasonal limits to how many times a player's account can win bids on any item.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They should put monthly and/or seasonal items for Tara Auction house. That would definitely garner interest.