Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

lots of typos in g24

KedaruiKedarui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
edited January 26, 2021 in Bugs and Glitches
i'm going through g24 for the first time and i'm noticing quite a few typos here and there, but the one that stood out most to me is in Part 2, during the quest A Sign of the Times, during the rp mission where you play as Girl (young marleid) and follow Elf Boy (young cethlenn) through a set of rooms. when you enter the third room, Elf Boy trips, prompting Girl to say... this?
IPD6AA1.png

it's clearly Girl who is talking here, but she called Elf Boy "marleid"? which, is not his name, it's /her/ name. Girl's name is marleid, not Elf Boy's. marleid is not an elf or a man, and doesn't have white hair or purple eyes. this is an incredibly confusing 'typo', for lack of a better word

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Kind of a spoiler but this actually isn't a typo, it's correct.

Reason:
    The girl is indeed the Marleid that you know as the blue-haired knight lady, but it turns out that wasn't always her name, and that she took on the name of her childhood friend, the boy, young Cethlenn, in this RP mission.
    The name Cethlenn was given to him by Vayne/Balor/Beimnech but Cethlenn's real name is Marleid, something that's first revealed in this RP mission.
    Kedarui
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Kind of a spoiler but this actually isn't a typo, it's correct.

Reason:
    The girl is indeed the Marleid that you know as the blue-haired knight lady, but it turns out that wasn't always her name, and that she took on the name of her childhood friend, the boy, young Cethlenn, in this RP mission.
    The name Cethlenn was given to him by Vayne/Balor/Beimnech but Cethlenn's real name is Marleid, something that's first revealed in this RP mission.

okay yeah having just finished g24 a minute or so ago i've realized this LOL
    i actually came to delete this post but i'm going to leave it up cuz there /are/ still a whole lot of typos in g24. like, it's incredible how many typos there are