Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Characters Can't Add or Receive Friend Request

YazukaYazuka
Mabinogi Rep: 435
edited February 2, 2021 in Bugs and Glitches
I invited 4 people to the game recently and all of them are unable to use the friends list at all. I also created a new character myself and I'm unable to add friends on that character. I've polled all the new players I see and they are also unable to add friends. This seems to be affecting every new player.
MilkvoreNepheIeHipal

Comments

• AyamichiiAyamichii
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Yazuka wrote: »
    I invited 4 people to the game recently and all of them are unable to use the friends list at all. I also created a new character myself and I'm unable to add friends on that character. I've polled all the new players I see and they are also unable to add friends. This seems to be affecting every new player.

Can confirm. See screenshots and other folks with the same issue here: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/156317

I filed a support request and it seems they're currently investigating.

Hopefully this thread at least helps other new players who may be confused, by giving visibility to the issue.
  • RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have the same issue, I'm also actively watching.

On a side note, does anyone else have an issue with furnaces and refining? All Furnaces and Old Furnaces give me an error message when I click on them. And there's no reports of this issue in the forums either.
  • RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have the same issue, I'm also actively watching.

On a side note, does anyone else have an issue with furnaces and refining? All Furnaces and Old Furnaces give me an error message when I click on them. And there's no reports of this issue in the forums either.
  • YazukaYazuka
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    UPDATE: So I created a guild with some of my new friends. All of the players who are affected by this issue don't even show up in the guilds list as being registered in the guild. When they attempt to talk in the guild % chat they receive a system message saying that they are offline. They still however, take up capacity in the guild, they are just unable to be messaged through the messenger system or use the chat.
    Ayamichii
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Yazuka wrote: »
    UPDATE: So I created a guild with some of my new friends. All of the players who are affected by this issue don't even show up in the guilds list as being registered in the guild. When they attempt to talk in the guild % chat they receive a system message saying that they are offline. They still however, take up capacity in the guild, they are just unable to be messaged through the messenger system or use the chat.

That's bonkers, but also great information. Thanks for going through that process.

It seems there's some kind of massive disconnect between new characters and various social features...
  • LauralaiSwiftLauralaiSwift
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I'm also having this issue. I only recently got back into Mabi, and definitely didn't have more than an hour played before, but my old characters on the Alexina server are perfectly fine for social features, but my new character on Nao can't even load up the messenger. If I'm logged in for an extended period on the new character, the messenger button literally does nothing instead of just loading up a blank screen.

Hoping to hear more about this, since I introduced another friend of mine to this as well and we're having a blast and lamenting that we didn't play this in its prime.
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    Just posting some updates for those lurking...

The support request I filed on 1/28/2021 had been escalated on 1/29/2021, and the last update I received was on 2/5/2021 which said they are looking into it internally and hope to have an update by [this] week. They're also aware that this is impacting multiple players.

So I guess all we can do for now is wait and be hopeful, but at least it's on their radar.
  • WillWolf76WillWolf76
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Can confirm that as of 11 Feb 2021 this is still an issue. Have a second character that is already 1162 in cumulative level (no no teleporting book anymore) can still not be friends with anyone. The window buttons is greyed out. The quests for tutorial have been done too as I thought that it could have been a tutorial lock. This was proven false.
    Ebrathral
  • AyamichiiAyamichii
    WillWolf76 wrote: »
    Can confirm that as of 11 Feb 2021 this is still an issue. Have a second character that is already 1162 in cumulative level (no no teleporting book anymore) can still not be friends with anyone. The window buttons is greyed out. The quests for tutorial have been done too as I thought that it could have been a tutorial lock. This was proven false.

Same for me. At this point, I've gotten from total level 1 to 6200 since I first posted on this thread. :/
  • EbrathralEbrathral
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    I agree this is a massive issue for new players. They cannot get the help or gidance they need from us experianced players which can be fusterating and a deterrent for new players coming into mabi for the first time. I do hope they fix this soon....
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Can we get an update on this? Aside from the above-mentioned problems, it hurts the players by preventing Homestead usage for meetings and sharing resources. It's a huge disadvantage for new players, as well as just new characters being created.
  • NepheIeNepheIe
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Seconded. What's taking so long? I mean time is not even the issue here, it's the no-news thing.
    Do they want new players to enjoy the game in all its glory or not? They can't even interact with their guild the way it is right now - outside of Discord or something. Also no adding cool people they meet as their friend or joining them on their homestead :(