Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

WHAT THE HELL?! The text is cut off!!

DaftDaft
Mabinogi Rep: 320
in General Chat

How am I suppose to complete this stupid thing if it won't accept that text that it's showing to me?!
mabinogi-2021-03-19-092749.png
Seriously, can't you do anything right?!?
Negumiko

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have not encountered this issue with this game yet but it definitely looks like some text is cut off. for now the only thing you can do is restart the balloon game and hope none of the text is cut off. this probably won't get fixed until the maintenance next Thursday or later.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Probably won't get fixed at all at this point.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    Reading feedback like this is why I'm not surprised that Nexon/DevCat isn't more proactive. I mean, I'm not implying that rational discourse makes them move any faster or do better; I've yet to see that happen. But, I'd recommend not also becoming a monster over their folly.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Probably won't get fixed at all at this point.

^
    There were a few instances of untranslated/cut off text in the previous anniversary event. It was pointed out, but I didn't see anything done about it. :( You'll have to take Negu's advice, Daft.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    While I have encountered it; if you type exactly what you see, the balloon will pop
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    While I have encountered it; if you type exactly what you see, the balloon will pop

I can confirm this.

Although still doesn't make up for the issue.

I also see some titles that are direct translations, instead of the titles we got in our version.
    Wolfsinger
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited March 22, 2021
    I mean... that is the exact title. It's the old dan prefix title for life skills and it's meant to go before a master title, making it "[Player] the Meticulous and [the Master of No-Lifing]".

For the youngins who never experienced pre-revamped dans, this is what they look like in the list:
    Hrs9D.png
    (I don't have "the Meticulous and" because life skill dan tests were utter misery, but the other two are there.)

I don't agree at all with this galaxy-brained idea to throw the entire title list into the mini-game, but if you know what it is, you'd know that it's not cut off. And as already mentioned, typing it correctly will pop the balloon.

Side note, I'm pretty sure this is a different server's title list because what even are some of these
    HrpmM.png

Edit:
    gunballoon.jpg
    Fun story, our version has mistranslated Shooting Rush as "Gun Ballet" in at least one quest dialogue but I'm too lazy to make the bug report so afaik it was never fixed, so you could say this is actually totes official
    Wolfsinger
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I got this one.

martialartsinstructior.png
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Caissa wrote: »
    I got this one.

Rip finishing in record time.....good grief XP
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Caissa wrote: »
    I got this one.

It's supposed to be fancier than just instructor .
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Today I saw "Spirit BW Awakening"