Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beauty Gacha Idea! Skin tone dye amp box?

AltaiAltai
Mabinogi Rep: 700
edited May 26, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I know we're all really happy about getting gloves that give us ACTUAL FINGERS, but while it's a blessing it's also a curse for those of us who aren't the the default skin tone that the gloves come out as. The beauty gacha already does hair dye amp box so I think they should really add a skin tone one since we know Nexon isn't very good at going backwards in terms of revamping already made items. I know we'd love for them to just make it so those gloves and shoes that have skin tone sections to just auto-match the holder but that's unlikely. There's now outfits and shoes that have skin tone sections that are dyable so they should really just consider making a Skin Tone amp box already. Would just be really smart and nice for people to be able to match their skin tone instead of waiting for dye amp events where you can just make your own amps. Just an idea! ^^
And if they ever did revamp those items they should also make a few gesture cards like SLURP loop like the recently released gestures that loop and fit so well for idles. Love the new ones but some old ones would be nice if they looped. <- this is just a side note tho I wanted to throw in.
WanderIust
  1. Skin tone dye amp box? Yay or Nay?4 votes
    1. Yay!
       100% (4 votes)
    2. Nay.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Altai wrote: »
    since we know Nexon isn't very good at going backwards in terms of revamping already made items.

Actually that's not true. Remember the Dark Divination outfits that would allow your character to BLINK? I myself thought, oh great...another nifty feature that should of been implemented on the avatar itself or something else that could of been added to the beauty shop. But low and behold, THEY WENT BACK and did something LOGICALLY and without monetizing it! They are putting blinking eyes in the beauty shop! https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/24550/eye-blink

anguishhh.gif

Now of course your suggestion is a good one, I do support it because I sure as hell HATE trying to match my skin tone with those new gloves. Drives me insane. There's gotta be better way, some kind of update to the system they can do for us to innovate implementations like that and I think they are FINALLY starting to use their heads.
    AltaiWanderIust
  • AltaiAltai
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Yeah true that's fair. Buuut most of the time they don't go back and do the logical. I mean I wish they'd go back and change the gloves/shoes that allow you to have actual fingers/skin showing and just make it so it automatically matches the host/character but I know how unlikely that would be. But I mean if they want to prove me wrong and go and revamp a lot of that stuff that'd be pretty cool. They are however starting to really make progress though I give them credit where it's due, even if it did take 10 years to get individual fingers for humans/elves. x'D I'm grateful for what they have been doing so far, makes me very excited and hopeful for the future of Mabinogi!

But yeah with more outfits poppin' out with skin tone sections I think it would be a life saver if they'd just add a skin tone dye amp box similar to the hair dye amp box. Would save the fashionogi so much frustration.
    (btw i know this is a very surface level thing, I know a lot of other things need to be revamped, this is just a small idea I had that i thought would be useful to share.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 11, 2021
    Yeah true that's fair. Buuut most of the time they don't go back and do the logical. I mean I wish they'd go back and change the gloves/shoes that allow you to have actual fingers/skin showing and just make it so it automatically matches the host/character but I know how unlikely that would be. But I mean if they want to prove me wrong and go and revamp a lot of that stuff that'd be pretty cool. They are however starting to really make progress though I give them credit where it's due, even if it did take 10 years to get individual fingers for humans/elves. x'D I'm grateful for what they have been doing so far, makes me very excited and hopeful for the future of Mabinogi!

But yeah with more outfits poppin' out with skin tone sections I think it would be a life saver if they'd just add a skin tone dye amp box similar to the hair dye amp box. Would save the fashionogi so much frustration.
    (btw i know this is a very surface level thing, I know a lot of other things need to be revamped, this is just a small idea I had that i thought would be useful to share.)

Yeah but this is the first time they are and it's recent. Maybe they are actually listening.
    Altai
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    edited April 12, 2021
    I know we'd love for them to just make it so those gloves and shoes that have skin tone sections to just auto-match the holder

Initially I assumed the fingers would auto match the skin tone, until I got a free pair of gloves from an event... I never figured out how to dye the fingers to match my skin tone, so I just gave up on those kinds of gloves, which is a shame as some of them look really cool.

I agree with introducing skin tone dyes or...just make the fingers auto match with the character's skin tone.
    Altai