Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Isn't the paper flipping challenges too hard vs jo

CocoshiCocoshi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
in General Chat
Something's wonky with the RNG. It's like if you don't use the golden tile with near perfect hits, then you just won't out damage joe in any way.

I've done like 12 games so far and regardless of which tile, I always go under 50% before joe does. The only exception is if I use the gold tiles, in which case it's super close.

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Is this the 16th one? I kinda imagine it'll take a golden tile after the last ones - not that I'm not gonna try, but after the third one I can guess what its gonna be.
    I imagine it'll probably take as close to a perfect run as possible, but using Def to up the tile's Atk has been winning most of my battles when I can land that perfect run. Basically just def, atk, def, atk. I dunno if it'll help, but that's the strat that's been working for me so far.

Learned it from a passing Kiwi, actually. Obnoxious, strutting little thing, and probably the only thing in this game I have consistently lost to and have yet to defeat when I see it XD But its worked like a charm so far.
    Bronzebreak
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    golden tiles appears to be the only way to Joe and I have not lost a match yet when using a golden tile but a few matches have been close. also I have never used the defense skill.