Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stop reducing the drop rate of Weakest and Weak!

YukitoYukito
Mabinogi Rep: 930
edited May 15, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I have to collect 5 Black Armadillo Claws for a Memoir quest, but the claws hardly ever drop. They hardly ever drop because you guys implemented an awful system where Weak and Weakest enemies have reduced drop rate. Heulfryn did not give me a Special Tendering Potion S. Think about it before you ask players to go hunt Weakest enemies which is over 95% of the enemies in the game for most players. Either give your players doing the quest tendering potions or remove the drop rate reduction.

Also while I'm here, why don't you do something about that bug where squire Logan's "Equipment Crafting" training creates nearby invisible movement barriers while he is in the animation of swinging a hammer against an anvil? Thanks.

Comments

• YukitoYukito
    Really the most insidious thing about this is that the developers do not inform their players at all about the drop rate reduction. I spent 10 minutes without using a Tendering Potion S and didn't get a single claw. then I spent 5 minutes after using it and got all 5 claws. Seriously your player base are not botting raccoons, stop it already!
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Were you using Bare Hands to attack the armadillos? I recall you get no drops if you attack with Bare Hands on weak enemies.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 15, 2021
    In the mean time, since your account will have several character cards you can make more characters. People often do this to create more bank space, for example. If you have such a character and you keep them weak, they can do the gathering for you. Place the drops on a pet and get on with the rest of your life. :)
    Bronzebreak
  • YukitoYukito
    edited May 15, 2021
    Thank you both for the advice, I used chain blades the entire time but it is good for more players to be aware that using bare hands will also stop drops from occurring. And sure, I'll try to keep a weak or low CP alt for the purpose of further item hunts in the future. Though, I do hope the developers of Mabinogi will notice this consistently growing problem with combat power and combat power related game mechanics.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Yukito wrote: »
    . . . And sure, I'll try to keep a weak or low CP alt for the purpose of further item hunts in the future. . .

Keeping a weak character around, that you visit from time-to-time, is also a good way to keep your skill-use sharp.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Honestly, the CP system needs a huge overhaul as it is or it needs to be removed. Most of the players have that problem where 85% of the enemies are weak or weakest to them because the game doesn't really properly relate CP to the strength of monsters and people, and a lot of skills still require CP training (such as killing a boss level enemy or something with a certain skill) which screws you over once you get more than one skillset because at least 6 of them still use CP training that is going to hinder you by the time you get most of them mastered. And no one is gonna go through the Tech Duinn missions trying to get boss level enemies in a mode that is pretty much made by the company to hate and troll the players. I know a lot of people have figured ways around it at this point, but honestly, the system was annoying as hell 10 years ago, and it still sucks today.
    Bronzebreak