Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A REALLY SUPER UNIQUE COOL IDEA FOR PAPERFLIP???

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi the title's clickbait I'm not actually cool and it's exactly what you expected.
TL;DR:
Make it permanent.
-
Hear me out, I know it's not that simple.
We have only one party minigame; Mafia. KR Mabi have already expressed huge discontent with there only being a single minigame for players already so apparently there are more in the works.
But why not bring back this one in the future as a permanent Minigame? Community run tournaments would be amazing, the silly little Final Dance remix is cute, and it was a pretty solid little minigame (not perfect but I thought it was fun.)

But Giegue, I don't want to AFK for a ticket to make into a paper tiles?
Well, how about this:

How to acquire Paper Tiles:
Handicraft Rank F
5 pieces of Paper.
Pick the Tile you want. You can bulk craft too!

But what about the Golden Tile? It's so OP everyone would just use that instead.
Okay, how about:
Handicraft Rank F
5 pieces of Glittering Paper
Golden Tile!

How do you start the minigame without the signpost Item?
Person A creates a Minigame Party, selecting Paperflip. They begin recruitment, the party size being 2 people max. (Optionally, password protect for friends.)
Person B then joins the party, (with optional password), and person A begins the Minigame. Each player has 30 seconds to select a tile. Minigame Begins.

But what's the point? What would I get out of playing it?
Fun????
But okay, how about this: Journal achievements!
Play Paperflip!
Lose Paperflip!
Win with a Basic Tile!
Win with a Calender Tile!
Win with a Newspaper Tile!
Defeat a Golden Tile with a Basic Tile!

Too easy for you? Maybe some harder ones like:
Win without missing a single hit!
Defeat your opponent after defending!
Get a critical hit after defending!
Win on the turn you defended!
Tie at Paperflip!

A permanent minigame like this would be ideal for community orientated players, and Guilds who enjoy friendly competition, or player run community events. It would also give Streamers content if they were to host and stream a paperflip tournament for giveaways.

Please leave a comment if you like the idea, and if you don't like paperflip, and think this is stupid, please also leave a comment! Free bumps are nice.
Bronzebreak