Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Item drop rates affected by CP/Combat Power ?

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited May 21, 2021 in General Chat
I spent over an hour hunting sahagins for their shiny leather and use it for commerce quest in memoir but it never dropped shiny leathers. It didn't add camping penalty either. I asked some friends and guildmates and they said it would be weird if that is the case, certain Items not dropping cause your too powerful for the enemies that drop them. And just to confirm my suspicion I used my last tendering pot (cause I'm the idiot that only realized how useful they are after burning so much of them in the past.) and it worked with a 60 min tendering pot I manage to get 6 shiny leathers.

Does that mean there is a possibility that some Items may not drop if the enemy is too weak. Could this be a glitch or is it an actual feature. what other Items would be affected by this. does that mean it was pointless to get stronger so that I could easily farm stuff from weaker enemies cause weaker enemies wont give me anything good at all.
  1. am I the only one concerned about this?4 votes
    1. yes, nobody else cares about those stuff anymore just do other stuff
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Holly craft sheet ! this better be a glitch that had to get fixed.
       50% (2 votes)
    3. meh you still doing that?
       0% (0 votes)
    4. you forking idiot do you know how much those tendering pots cost now
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Raccoon gear. :D
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I've never had that problem with them before - they're not quite weakest for me but they're almost there so its close to the same...and I've never had issue with any weakest enemy drops before. Honestly sounds like poor rng to me....I've had days where I tried to farm and got maybe one, though I don't remember the time frame. Just that I was there for a while.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Another way to farm weak mobs is to use weak alternate characters. A real easy way is to have a beginner elf with hydra. Occasionally, Nexon allows for free hero rebirths, so you can pick up the skill there for a song. Elves can Hydra/hide monsters much stronger than them.