Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Better support for ultrawide monitors

CrownlingCrownling
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi all. My monitor has a 32:9 aspect ratio, and I absolutely love playing Mabinogi on it. It is great being able to have all of my inventory, skill, friends, and character windows up at all times and still have so much screen real estate left for the game itself. There is a huge problem though. Cutscenes are abysmal. I've gone through every generation 1-8 so far, and the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen that are meant to make the game look more cinematic during cutscenes cut out so much. Most of the time I can't even see the faces of the characters that are talking. I know that it's not how it's supposed to look because I've seen the same cutscenes when watching my friend play on their 16:9 monitor and they can see so much more. This is also a problem with the title screen. The game stretches the image to match the width of my screen but it makes so much of the top and bottom get cut off and the image gets really pixellated.

I would really like to enjoy the story and art to its fullest potential on my monitor, and it would be great if cutscenes and things could be tweaked to make sure that all the imagery shows properly on sub-standard aspect ratios.

Even if it forces a 16:9 aspect ratio in the title screen and during cutscenes, and showed black bars on the sides of my screen instead of on the top and bottom, that would still be a vast improvement because I would be seeing all of the art and animations as intended.