Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who Is The "Blue Godesss"?

HigaHiga
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in General Chat
So I was going through my inventory to shift some upgrade stones to my bank, when I noticed the (Waxen) Wings of the Blue Goddess.

This made me think, WHO is the Blue Goddess?

Goddesses:

Macha: Red colored
Neamhain: Black? Definitely not blue
Morrighan: White? Definitely not blue, nor is her theme.
Danu: Earth goddess would imply brown, gray, or green.
An ocean deity? Nah, cuz the ocean deity is a boy (god): Manannan mac Lir
Hymerark? Nah, not blue at all
Aengus? A boy, and you'd think a god of love would be pink themed? Maybe white or red?
Dian Cecht? Literally a goth elf girl
Jeamiderark? Pretty sure that's a god and not goddess (all goddesses are gods, but no (cis) male gods are goddesses.

The only thing I can POSSIBLY consider it Lymilark?

Is this just some random "blue goddess" thing that was put down but never had any actual deity attached to them? Do you think it's attached to something like Lymilark? Or do you think we'll eventually learn about this deity?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    A character that doesn't exist, (yet). Perhaps deity known as Arianrhod - but Nao sorta takes on that role in the cycle of life and rebirth. But she is depicted as living in the north surrounded by the sea.
  • HigaHiga
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    A character that doesn't exist, (yet). Perhaps deity known as Arianrhod - but Nao sorta takes on that role in the cycle of life and rebirth. But she is depicted as living in the north surrounded by the sea.

Is that a hypothesis, or are you pretty confident with that answer? Sounds cool anyway.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Higa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Is that a hypothesis, or are you pretty confident with that answer? Sounds cool anyway.

This is minor research on the stories of Mabinogion - which this game is supposed to be loosely based from which is also believed to be based off of Celtic mythology.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What about Aer?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »
    What about Aer?

She's a water spirit, not a goddess.