Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NeedMoreHotkeys>Use the Skill#(1-9)on Skil Window)

Hisame621Hisame621
Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
edited September 18, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I have this suggestion that should be extremely simple and easy for developers to implement, and yet it would improve the gameplay many times over..
In the Options>Game>Control Hotkey, we have the option to configure hotkeys for "Use the Skill #(1-9) on the Skill Window"
If we could have this number increased to 20-30 that would solve a huge problem me and many players who have a wide range of skills that they use during battle. I think it shouldn't be that big of a problem or cause an inconvenience for devs, it will not affect the gameplay in anyway (because people have the choice to not even assign a hotkey)
It's been more than 4 years since I had a problem with the Skill Slots and hotkeys being too few. When they added the 2nd Skill Array this solved the problem partially, but I still have to switch between arrays before being able to use certain skills..
Please Nexon.. Extend the number of hotkeys for the Skill Window to maybe 20 or more. I beg you!
  1. Add More Hotkeys for "Use the Skill #_ On the Skill Window?2 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (2 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Hisame621Hisame621
    bump
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The doo-dad in the top left corner that you can put skill/pet/action/transformation icons into, I'd like a button to have the two toggle-able sets stack vertically rather than just horizontally. Sometimes when I'm trying to move I click on the second set button; so annoying.
    Hisame621
  • Hisame621Hisame621
    edited January 2, 2023
    I didn't want to have to elaborate further, but...... I posted this after years of not doing so, but I realized this when they added the "Master of Trades" update that there was a point where it was nice being able to switch out weapon equipment slots. I ended up purchasing the extra equipment slot RENTAL .. I quit the game shortly after because nowhere on the website did it imply that it was only a rental service, and not a permanent addition. Had I known this I would not have spent the overrated overpriced cost for something that would only last 30 days.. I didn't even bother taking the time to write a ticket since I had little hope there would be any care taken on the fact that I felt like they should add a clear way to distinguish that it is NOT permanent and that I spent my money on something I felt was unfair. Anyway. I came back to the game to an event that gave extra equipment slots and found it made the game smoother and enjoyable. When the event ended and the slots were locked, I didn't even want to play anymore and actually went to play other games. Whats the point of having all these skills if we are going to be limited to 2 weapon types? A predictable nexon argument could be "Just pay the 15k NX a month." To this I say, why not have a method to obtain it in the game and pay with Gold and make it fairly accessible? Why not reduce the price if its only going to last 30 days anyway? It's not my idea of a fair price for what its worth, but maybe I'm pointing out something that was designed to extract capitalistic profits by trapping people in the first place Lol..

It's clear that by the time many players reach Master of Trades they would probably enjoy using 3 different weapons types they can keep equipped.
    Now with Elemental Knight / Harmonic Saint, I can't understand what could possibly be going through the minds of the developers. Do they really expect people to fit all the skills they use the most into the small limited amount of hotkey options we are given? Or do they think people should limit themselves to whats available? I believe adding such a simple thing will improve the gameplay and make gameplay more enjoyable rather than tedious and limiting. If there's one thing I can ask for in return for having paid for something that is not evident and made clear almost as if intentionally a trap, it would be just this.. Just add hotkeys for #1-40(Or more). I will provide a reference image for those who may not understand which hotkeys I am referring to..
    Capture.png
    The current Limit is #1-9

With the recent updates, it is now easier than ever to attain and rank any skill, meaning within 1-2 weeks even new players will have tons of skills they can use. Some people like myself do not think its efficient to be clicking on icons to load a skill, so "Extra Skill Slot" 1 and 2 shouldn't be seen as a solution or an alternative to what the purpose of a hotkey is serving.