Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dressing Room Improvement:

Hisame621Hisame621
Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
edited January 19, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think the dressing room could be improved greatly if either:
A: Opening the Dressing Room fully illuminates the characters skin and slightly darkens the surrounding area:
or
B: Opening the dressing Room will transport the player to a place similar to the Nao's Heaven, where the character is fully illuminated at all times
I believe this is very necessary because the weather and time in mabinogi varies a lot and makes trying out new hair/skin/eyes difficult to see when it gets dark in the game. Even seeing the result of dyed gear has become a problem, I have gone as far as enter some dungeon entrances to see the result of dying or check a different Eye/Hair color.
You can't even have pets summoned to begin with, so why not have the Dressing Room send you somewhere?
Then again there could be an Option C
C: Add an actual Dressing Room to the Homestead. Whether in the house or outside, just please dont lock it behind 500k Gold along with housing.
  1. Which Option would be best?2 votes
    1. Option A
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Option B
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Option C
       100% (2 votes)

Comments

• ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    I have often been frustrated when trying to check the appearance/color scheme of a new/newly dyed outfit because it happens to be night time, and you can't see well.
    Hisame621
  • Hisame621Hisame621
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
    I think Option C would be the best
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Manhiem wrote: »
    I have often been frustrated when trying to check the appearance/color scheme of a new/newly dyed outfit because it happens to be night time, and you can't see well.

In the meantime, if you cant get into a homestead house, you can go into an NPC building. With the dressing room, you can rotate camera and zoom in and out. In some cases, if you turn 180° to face the direction of the typical room camera it's an all black background which highlights your character without distraction.
  • talex9talex9
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    But...you will end up using the clothes in said poorly illuminated places...and if you're in a particular place doing the specific task of dying, or fashion walking your wardrobe, or other activities of similar nature, there's a chance you will be there more often than at the lobby of a dungeon, for example.

I'd say the improvement should be the 'allowing to call pets/be able to use in dungeons/while commerce/etc' that I fail to understand as limitations in the first place...and, though it may be greedy of me to consider, allowing for a bigger amount of 'same clothes' collecting. I feel it's such a waste of the potential for the vast colouring system to have to make the decision of ONE COLOUR ONLY. Granted, it may be a more realistic approach to the limitations of space one can get to endure outside of the game, and for me personally, it drove me to reduce my actual wardrobe in favor of a more humble one. I guess both options can provide advantages and lessons...but...come on, pretty colours!

Also, as impressive as over 1700 garments (and counting!) gets to be, the reality is that some of these outfits may not even exist physically anymore...or are about as scarce as near-extinction can become. Changes to that could unbalance or destroy the economy ecosystem, though. And despite there being MMOs out there where trading between players doesn't even exist, the dynamics can probably get very different.

BUT, an option for the less wealthy collectors out there could definitely be found on an accessible, realistic and more organized way to hoard every different shade of popo's skirt we can get our hands on...and the reason I mention popo's skirts is that, aside from being a collector, I also enjoy tailoring! But the 'realistic, mass production' kind, not the one that 'has me a month searching for materials to do ONE product' kind, and I find being able to have a wardrobe full of resalable stock would be a great tailoring (as well as related talents) upgrade.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    An extra dressing room in the homestead would be epic, but yeah, I usually just step into a building or wait for morning/the weather to clear up. Being warped elsewhere would kinda be a pain, imo.