Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CUSTOM MOTION

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    But would they dare to give us the ability to design the very movements themselves rather than just choose from a list?

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha >:^{D>

This system allows you to switch out existing idle animations with other outfits. But no I don't believe this custom motion allows us to design our own animations unfortunately. NTM a lot goes into animating that kind of stuff and I use to do custom animations on Second Life. It's complicated and time consuming, implementing something like that into mabinogi's current engine is just not possible.

So this is the next best thing, you can take an existing animations from another outfit and apply it to another outfit you like. Honestly I think that is still pretty cool.

I suspect we should be getting this pretty soon now.

I was thinking more along the lines that unbounded motion editing would lead to, shall we say, some provocative "dancing".
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    But would they dare to give us the ability to design the very movements themselves rather than just choose from a list?

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha >:^{D>

This system allows you to switch out existing idle animations with other outfits. But no I don't believe this custom motion allows us to design our own animations unfortunately. NTM a lot goes into animating that kind of stuff and I use to do custom animations on Second Life. It's complicated and time consuming, implementing something like that into mabinogi's current engine is just not possible.

So this is the next best thing, you can take an existing animations from another outfit and apply it to another outfit you like. Honestly I think that is still pretty cool.

I suspect we should be getting this pretty soon now.

I was thinking more along the lines that unbounded motion editing would lead to, shall we say, some provocative "dancing".

We got butt wiggle.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Twelie wrote: »
    Demoncat wrote: »
    i dont really care for this honestly considering we should have gotten this long ago so my liking towards this and im sure others feel so too is completely empty
    Man why everyone ignore my excited comment and assume this?
    Yes, we should have gotten it a long time ago- but the current director really cares about this game and what the players think, and it shows from their content roadmap and the fact that they did the spirit weapon rework and homestead stuff and this too. I am having more fun playing the game knowing it is a labor of love towards the players.

We are getting the balance changes super quickly, there's still homestead updates after this one, commercing is being reworked, there will be model and client updates- I'm over the moon. I don't expect anyone else to be, but it gives me hope for the future longevity of the game.

True the last director was pure garbage though i do want these updates to come quick. Id much prefer the engine and graphics update first

but
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Sadly though i already just lost interest in the idle swap update after it dropped
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited February 17, 2022
    I mean, do they even hear themselves? We should of got this update YEARS ago so it doesn't matter now and I don't care. Hmph! Then shut up and go play something else. Jesus.

Some people still care about this game and we don't care that you don't.

Uhm i never said i didnt care about Mabinogi ya ignorant whelp i love Mabinogi very much, maybe it is you that needs to think before you speak and not make a fool of yourself
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited February 20, 2022
    Yeah it sucks. I thought we could apply motions to all outfits. I can't even apply an animation to a non-animated outfit. I'm so over this update already.