Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Revert or Change Thunder

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
edited October 9, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
The changes to Thunder make it so that it triggers faster after casting it. The problem is that it gives you no time to charge new magic after casting it. Enemies running to you during Thunder's multiple hits end up flying towards you on the last hit somehow and it puts you in danger.

Thunder currently gets overshadowed by Fireball. Something that made Thunder unique was that it could be fired at 1~4 charges but still did damage pretty quickly compared to Ice Spear's long freeze. It also didn't stop your allies from attacking during the initial stun. Now that you can fire 1-charge Fireballs from any magic weapon, Thunder just becomes a smaller area, more unsafe Fireball.

Thunder should have it's 1st hit stun reverted to give players time to charge other spells while enemies are being hit. A different solution would be to give Thunder 5-hits on all charges and have the damage scale with the amount of charges. Even during a 1-charge Thunder, you would be able prepare your next spell.
Atheist42

Comments

• KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I personally disagree. I like the fact that the spells activate faster. However, I would perhaps agree that they should, instead, add more options apart from reforges for reducing cast time and rework the system to ensure that enemies are knocked BACK from you rather than TOWARDS you, and would certainly like to see the stun returned.
    Atheist42
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    I personally disagree. I like the fact that the spells activate faster. However, I would perhaps agree that they should, instead, add more options apart from reforges for reducing cast time and rework the system to ensure that enemies are knocked BACK from you rather than TOWARDS you, and would certainly like to see the stun returned.

The stun was on the initial hit of Thunder. If you want to see that return, you need more time between the first hit and when Thunder starts. Thunder activating faster only lets mages compete for kill contribution in parties faster. Thunder being the same but activating faster just means you don't get to chain magic as easy. It's a losing situation for anyone not one shotting or chaincasting with a lv60+ spirit staff.

Speeding up cast time significantly could give you time to chain magic after using Thunder but imo that's creating a problem and then creating a solution. They could just revert the problem and people could use Fireball if they want instant int-magic damage.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    edited March 30, 2022
    Kagenokami wrote: »

Faster thunder definitely makes it worse. Honestly I would rather it be changed so there is no knock back at all. Giving mages something they can actually use in parties. As for reducing cast time I'm not sure what you mean. Weapon upgrades, enchants, erg, and int all can reduce int casting time tremendously.