Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Skins

shikahrilshikahril
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
in Feedback and Suggestions
I think we should have the ability to change the outer area surrounding the homestead to a different image, new themes for holiday or personal preference, regardless of the reason, I'm sure most people would be very interested in this as a option.

a few ideas:
-a dark forest, perhaps the trees could sway in the wind, and some bat gifs are added appearance
-a cemetery, more for Halloween fun with this one, but on Halloween have zombies roaming the area
-winter type, cold and snowy, perhaps on Christmas have some decorations for the holiday or reindeer roaming the land
-flower fields, lots of colorful flowers, plain and simple, but maybe could do something for easter?
-ocean, lots of water, maybe waves in the distance, with some fish/ship gifs for bonus

I've tried to think of some, but I'm sure others can list some better ones, as these were random ideas, if anyone has more to offer, please list them below as I would be curious what you come up with.

lets hope this isn't too much work for them to implement, data wise it may not be, but KR permissions.. lets cross our fingers on this, we can all agree the outer area of the homestead needs something done, and this would be a nice touch
  1. Do you want some themes for your homesteads distant lands?4 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    From a coding point-of-view the easiest/quickest would be to allow folks to place props in this region but have them not give kon. It'd probably involve editing two lines of code: one to say "okay you can plunk there" and the other to say "if here then no kon". The only tricky part would be what to do when the homestead expands? There are two choices: either what was there goes bye bye, tough poop for you, or the displaced items are sent to your temporary inventory. Either of these are just a couple-three lines of code.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I actually mentioned this in my homestead update request post. So 1000% agreed.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It's an idea that's been around for a long time, even before that. So, it would likely be very popular.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If bandit homesteads can, why can't player homesteads have em?