Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fynn Pet Rest Effect ignores performance settings

XypixXypix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
edited December 4, 2021 in Bugs and Glitches
Fynn Pets, while resting, will have the unsimplified Demigod effect active regardless of performance setting. This effect is extremely taxing on performance. With smaller pets, it's likely no big issue, but in simple tests, I have found that some pets (in my test, Spirit of Tuan) chop my frame rate by more than half while the effect is active. The effect should logically be turned off if the player has "Simplify all characters" enabled in their performance settings.

This oversight opens up several negative scenarios. In normal gameplay, this shouldn't affect too much, though pets tend to randomly sit down if they haven't had to catch up to their owner for a while. This can happen in combat, with the sudden frame drop being quite jarring.

The actual concern for me, though, is the possibility of a group of people all simultaneously using high-detail Fynn Pets at once, in order to purposefully lag other player's clients into oblivion.