Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Use Pon to expand homestead house interior

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
Since the Homestead house is a Tardis (bigger on the inside than the outside) exaggerating the inside by more doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

There are sooooo many event homestead props that are clearly meant to be indoors but aren't. I mean, who has a bookshelf and their computer desk outside on their lawn; it's stupid! It's a big part of why the average Homestead is an eyesore. What if we could add rooms and/or make rooms bigger for our Homestead house. What the heck, make it cost pon. It'd be an extra revenue steam for Nexon and give more utility to pon.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    The whole housing feature should be completely redone. I like the idea of using pon to pay for more expansions or upgrades but overall the mabi housing system sucks compared to other games. We need the ability to pick different layouts for the inside of the home, the ability to adjust our camera angle in our home, and maybe more then one floor. Maybe even make a life talent where we learn how to modify our own homes and skills that could turn some Homestead Items into Homestead Housing Items.

The housing channel is dead, almost every home is abandoned and the only time I even bother going through there is to get to the castle dungeon more. Make the houses a little bigger and let players turn them into guild halls that they can customize. Houses are almost useless the way they are right now.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 9, 2022
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I like the idea of using pon to pay for more expansions or upgrades.

Thanks! I wanted to have an idea that helps both players AND Nexon, since that's a win/win. It's kinda like this new mechanic with the event where you can use pon to make up for lost stamps; it's better than what we had before and you can salvage an event with it while at the same time Mabinogi can make a little more money for Nexon, contributing to its' continued existence.
    The whole housing feature should be completely redone. Overall the mabi housing system sucks compared to other games. We need the ability to pick different layouts for the inside of the home and maybe more then one floor.

It looks like they started with the housing market code and worked from there. To be fair, it was good for the time. Now, it should be upgraded to be more like a sim house sandbox kinda mini-game. I mean why not? One of the best features of Mabinogi is that it's so big and that there's so much you can do in it. Along these same lines, I'd like to see them add the ability to upgrade Homesteads into townships. Then it could be a town sim sandbox mini-game.
    We need the ability to adjust our camera angle in our home.

Mhm. For now though you just have to use the Dressing Room view to move the camera around. You do so at your peril. All the sets, in the game, meant to be viewed from one angle don't hold up at different angles; they end up looking like movie sets, and it destroys suspension of disbelief.
    Maybe even make a life talent where we learn how to modify our own homes and skills that could turn some Homestead Items into Homestead Housing Items.

You can already make housing props but additional skills could be added. Maybe they could make a new Hero talent combining Carpentry, Tailoring, Blacksmith, and add the additional skills as Hero skills to work on the Homestead and House.
    The housing channel is dead, almost every home is abandoned and the only time I even bother going through there is to get to the castle dungeon more. Make the houses a little bigger and let players turn them into guild halls that they can customize. Houses are almost useless the way they are right now.

Yeah, the auction house did that, but overall I see that as a good thing. They should get rid of the housing channel, this would save Nexon having to maintain a separate physical server for every database partition around the world; so that's 3 in NA, 5 in SK, 4 in JP, 6 in TW, and whatever CN has: at least 18 servers gone; poof! Where you would enter the housing channel before you just put the castle maps, no town at all, and make them like any other map on all the channels, hence why you don't need a housing channel. The one exception would be I'd change the Dugald Marketplace into a sea-side town, still with the castle map attached, and connect that port with the soon-to-come expanded commerce system.