Okay, so everyone knows that the Adventuring talent isn't a good talent, gimmicky at best, and so I've been thinking a lot on how to improve it and now that the road map has been shown i finally got an excuse to share it.
First off, General changes i'd make to Adventuring, change Transformation Mastery and Taming Wild Animals.
Starting with Transformation Mastery:
° General Changes:
- Transforming into different races (Giants, Elves or Humans) gives them specific race skills at a set level, like Giant transformation gives Stomp and Taunt at Rank A or something and transforming into Elves gives their Invisibility in a weaker level.
- The Transformation Dairy would get expanded throughout all ranks, adding more creatures.
- Get Dan ranks that lets the player turn into weaker version of bosses.
- Transforming into monsters(Creatures that require ranks to transform into) gives a partial amount of their stats depending on skill rank, Novice giving 0% bonus stats, rank 1 giving up to 30% of monster stats. Plus a Rank completion bonus, from 0% to 20% depending on the rank. Example, if Rank F's transformation dairy is complete the player gets 20% more stats if they transform into a Rank F monster. And a master title giving 20% stats when transformed but lowering stats by the same amount when not transformed.
- Make Shamala's set(M/F) a reward to completing the entire Transformation Dairy, and change it's set to give 30% more stats when transformed (50% if all the set is artisan upgraded). But each part of the set has it's own benefit, Both her hairpin and boots have 5% more stats when transformed and the outfit has 10% when transformed.
- Add a new hotbar for acquired skills when transformed.
° Rewards for when a player reaches certain ranks, such as:
- Rank 9 allows other players to mount other transformed players under certain transformations, the transformation runs at 90% of movespeed, increases up to 120% until rank 5, once rank 5 is reached it stops increasing.
- Rank 5 gives a transformed player "Natural Shield (Monster)" at level 1 and gives selected monster only skills if transforming weapon is held, these skills are weakened by 70%
- Rank 3 gives a transformed player "Heavy Stander", level 1 and gives selected monster only skills if transforming weapon is held, these skills are weakened by 50%.
- Rank 1 gives a transformed player "Mana Deflector", level 1 and gives selected monster only skills if transforming weapon is held, these skills are weakened by 30%.
== Transformation Weapons and Equipment ==
° New Transformation Weapons:
Dream Fisher - Fishing rod with a dream catcher tackle that adds a static 1% of getting an untradable transformation medal
Draconic Feeder - Axe that builds up a bar by either hitting or killing monsters that once it reaches certain marks allows the player to temporarily transform into dragons that can't be acquired elsewhere, depending on how much the bar is filled with buffed stats and new skills, the more the bar is filled the stronger the draconic form would be
Lullabell - A bell that gives more chance to get transformations and lets you use music skills when transformed. Music skill buffs are 5% stronger when transformed.
Moonlit Dream Wand - A wand that gives more chance to get transformations and allows use of magic while transformed. +15% more Intelligence when transformed, stacks with Transformation Mastery
Holder of Dreams - A shield that allows transformed creatures to charge and trigger auto defense while transformed.
Celtic Dream Catcher - An advancement to Demonic Dream Catcher 20% transformation catch rate.
Dream Battle Mace - A blunt weapon that allows more combat options to be used when transformed. +15% more Strength when transformed, stacks with Transformation Mastery
True Dream Battle Mace - Crafted when combined "Moonlit Dream Wand", "Dream Battle Mace" and "Lullabell" via blacksmithing, A blunt weapon that works both as a wand and a mace and allows singing regardless of rank, however only counts as a blunt weapon. Allows the use of magic, music and combat skills when transformed, gives certain monster skills when transformed, gets 30% more stats when transformed. Stacks with Transformation mastery and music buffs are 10% stronger.
° Transformation related equipment:
Dream Catchy Earring - Allows transformation without holding a dream catcher or similar weapons, gives 10% more stats, stacks with transformation mastery
True Dream Earring - Allows to transform without holding a dream catcher or similar weapons and allows you to use certain skills while transformed and some monster skills, gives 20% more stats, stacks with transformation mastery
Now to Taming Wild Animals:
° General Changes:
- Increased Taming Journal and the Combat Power limit.
- Taming Wild Animals made easier to tame animals and gives tamed animals a partial amount of players stats to them. Up to 10% until certain ranks.
- Choosing the Adventure talent gives 2x taming chance.
- Life Exploration Taming Cane's taming bonus buffed to 10 taming bonus.
- Life Exploration Taming Cane's taming changed to be an Area of Effect, taming capacity up to 5
- Life Exploration Taming Cane's completion magic damage bonus increased to 0.05
- Add a new hotbar for when an animal is tamed.
- Up to 5 animals tamed at the same time.
- New kinds of Baits that go up to 12 Taming Bonus
° Rewards for reaching certain ranks for Taming Wild Animals:
- Allows tamed animals to use skills they're normally not supposed to, just like Dark Knight's Control of Darkness, once player is rank 5.
- Allows player to mount and control Steeds once they're tamed, once player reaches rank 9.
- Taming animals gives an increased partial amount of player stats, up to +20% stats, determined by skill rank (Probably rank 5 or rank 3), stacks with Companionship.
- Remove current additional tame duration
- Reaching certain ranks increases the taming time, base 300s, rank 9 450s, rank 5 600s, rank 1 1000s.
== Taming Wild Animals Weapons and Equipment ==
° TWA Related Weapons:
Renewed Taming Cane - Allows to tame up to 2 separate animals. Has a 6 taming bonus.
Polished Tikka Wood Taming Cane - Allows to tame an area of animals, up to 3 animals at once. Has a 8 taming bonus
Battle Taming Cane - Melee variant to the Life Exploration Taming Cane, has a 10 taming bonus, taming is an AoE, tames up to 5 animals, it's min/max damage increase in 0.05, and critical 0.025% increase in each Taming Journal star. Counts as Blunt Weapon and Blunt Mastery benefits it. base min.dmg=21 max.dmg=39
Charming animal caller - A flute that allows the use of Enthralling Performance and gets benefits from Taming Wild Animals. Taming Bonus of 5, Enthralling Performance taming chance x2(x3.5 if artisan upgraded)
° TWA related equipment:
Ancient taming gloves - Hand accessory that allows the use of Taming Wild Animals without holding either taming cane or taming bait, automatically consumes the strongest taming bait in inventory, taming bonus of 2, tames up to 2 animals
Life Exploration Taming Gloves - Hand accessory that allows the use of Taming Wild Animals without holding either taming cane or taming bait, automatically consumes the strongest taming bait in inventory, taming bonus of 4, tames up to 2 animals, animals tamed will get a shield based on 20% of the player's life, it recharges each 4 kills.
Battle Taming Gloves - Hand accessory that allows the use of Taming Wild Animals without holding either taming cane or taming bait, automatically consumes the strongest taming bait in inventory, taming bonus of 4, tames up to 2 animals, animals tamed will get a Strength and Intelligence bonus of 20% of players stats, stacks with Companionship
Well-Rounded Taming Gloves - Hand accessory that allows the use of Taming Wild Animals without holding either taming cane or taming bait, automatically consumes the strongest taming bait in inventory, taming bonus of 4, tames up to 2 animals, animals tamed will get a shield of 10% of player's life and a Strength and Intelligence bonus of 10% of player stats, stacks with Companionship.
° TWA Related skills:
- ° Companionship -
Ugly Mock Up
- Once a tamed animal reaches 100s of taming time left a message box may appear saying that the animal got attached to you and seems to be want to stick with, you may accept or refuse the animal, in which case it may join or leave you. If it joins it'll appear in the new tamed animals tab on the pets tab. Unlike pets they're temporary, have no inventory, cannot rebirth and once dead they're gone forever, they keep their stats from when they were tamed. Other than that they're treated as actual pets, they may age, level up, get hungry, etc... (Chance of 0.5% Ranks Novice-9/ 1% Ranks 8-6/ 1.5% Ranks 5-1).
Players may give tamed pets food to have more chance of Companionship activating, players also get an option to "Ask to stay" by right clicking the tamed creature in case they don't want to wait for the message box, however this will decrease the chance of Companionship taming by half.
But if you want to keep them you need to go through a rough set of objectives, to start the process you either talk to Tupai in Cor Village, Iria or (New Npc) in Port Cobh, Uladh while your Tamed Pet is out. The set of objectives will differ depending on the rank of your tamed pet which are ranked just like Fynni, the higher the rank the harder the objectives are. Once you complete said objectives then your Tamed Pet will become permanent and will no longer disappear once dead, with a limit of 5 per server.
Training this skill awards benefits to pets and taming in general. Ranks Novice-A, gives 10% player stats to summoned/tamed pets, Ranks 9-6, Gives 20% of player stats to pets, allows 2 pets to be summoned at the same time, if 2 pets are summoned it becomes 10% of player stats for each, Ranks 5-2, gives 30% of player stats to pets and allows 3 pets to be summoned at the same time, if 3 pets are summoned it becomes 10% of player stats for each. Rank 1 Same as ranks 5-2 but buffs/heals given/received from pets are 15% stronger
- Permanent Tamed pets from ranks E to C have no inventory, Rank B pets have 3x3 and rank A have 4x4 Inventories
- Trains just like a combat mastery, but your pet must be summoned and must participate in battle
- Permanent Tamed Humanoid pets will be considered partners and have at least a 3x3 inventory and can hold weapons and use armor, however it won't change their appearance (Unless if player bought appearance cosmetics to them, specific cosmetics).
- Permanent Tamed Animal pets will get a 2x1 inventory regardless of rank, for dungeon passes. (Not necessary)
- NX Shop may add an item that increases the inventory of a tamed pet size to one of 7x7, regardless of pet rank.
- Master Title: Master of Companionship
* Increased chance of companionship taming chance (+1.5%)
* Increased Taming chance
° Companionship - TAMED PET SIDE
- Once a Tamed Pet becomes a permanent pet it'll get this skill, this skill will determine the tamed pet's power.
Ranks Novice-50% stats/FtoD - 80%/CtoA - 90%/9to7 - 100%/6to4 - 110%/3to2 - 120%/1 - (150%stats to animals)(125%+5%movement speed for humanoid and would let them learn certain Life Skills and upgrade them up to rank 6)
- Trains just like a combat mastery, but your pet must be summoned and must participate in battle
And for Miscellaneous changes i'd love to see:
- Ragdolls can now spawn in more places, such as dungeons, player duels, raid monsters, etc...
- Ragdolls are now targeted by Heal and Party Heal. Only if option is selected in menu.
What would these changes improve?
- Would add some sort of Summoning and Transformation classes to the game. And thus more choice of playstyle.
- Would very weak type of Partners and pets for new/free players.
- Would add new races in a way. By taming the humanoid Fomor for your cause.
- Would give more life for the Transformation medal market
- Pets would be more used as weapons and helpers instead of Inventory Space or Summon Ability Spam
What would these changes worsen?
- Very minimal but still possible threat of lag machines
- May become an useless class once more power creep gets in the game
- May make Puppeteer talent even less used