Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Producer's Letter:Regarding the Erinn Server Merge

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited April 15, 2022 in General Chat
I just saw this. I'll copy the text below:
Dear Milletians,

I want to sincerely apologize for the longer than expected downtime experienced while merging Alexina and Nao. To give you all an understanding of the events, here is a summarized timeline of the maintenance and issues that occurred on April 14th.

Our testing prior to the merge went as we had planned and we were proceeding along as we had expected. We opened the servers publicly at 4 PM PDT as we had announced. Though the high volume of logins was expected, the Login Server was unable to handle amount of simultaneous requests shortly after opening. This resulted in players unable to reach the lobby or enter into the game world. After closing the server, we found errors related to Fynni Pets causing extra requests to the login and fixed them before re-opening again at 7:45 PM PDT.

Unfortunately, the login issues remained so we shut down the servers again to resume investigating the cause. The investigation by the Development Team and the Engineers is still ongoing.

Currently, we will extend the Double Rainbow Event until the end of Monday, April 18th. Other compensations will be discussed and announced next week and applied during the next scheduled maintenance on April 21st.

Thank you for your understanding throughout all of this. We are truly sorry that this has affected your ability to share the world of Erinn together the past two days. We will continue to update the situation and hope to have better news soon.

Humbly,

- Enrico "GM Supreme"
Mabinogi Producer

So, the Fynni business seems to be fixed then. But there is an issue with logging in despite Fynni pets. These login rushes have occurred before and they were handled. It has been reported that some folks, myself included had managed to get to the soul-stream rotunda lobby but only unused character cards would show. This would mean that the sessions are being shunted by the login server, it's doing it's job, but loading the playable entities is where the issue occurs. My guess is that they went back to the original data backup. Looked it all over again, did the changes they needed to make and then quadruple checked them and are reperforming the merge and the time taken is waiting for scripts to run their course. Not just the scripts performing the merge but the scripts to look for name collisions and so on. In the end I hope it's just something they missed, a boo boo. In fact, right now I can't see how it can't be. Well, when it's all over, hopefully, we'll find out what happened.
Kaga