Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Font Size Changer - More Accessibility

LiivLiiv
Mabinogi Rep: 900
Posts: 5
Member
At this moment you cannot change the size of the font in Mabinogi. I have multiple friends who have a really hard time playing the game because of the illegibility of a lot of the text in the game, and I have to say I see it too. There should absolutely be more accessibility options like making the font even just a bit bigger.

Comments

  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,920
    Posts: 5,102
    Member
    Liiv wrote: »
    At this moment you cannot change the size of the font in Mabinogi. I have multiple friends who have a really hard time playing the game because of the illegibility of a lot of the text in the game, and I have to say I see it too. There should absolutely be more accessibility options like making the font even just a bit bigger.

    This is a good idea. In the meantime, your friends can try playing Mabinogi in Windowed mode, shrink the window to less than full screen and use Magnifier, which comes with every install of Windows.
  • VeebatVeebat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
    Posts: 28
    Member
    I struggle with this as well, I have bad eyesight. I hope some way to scale the UI will become a thing later.

    Another thing I want is colorblind modes of some sort.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,920
    Posts: 5,102
    Member
    Veebat wrote: »
    I struggle with this as well, I have bad eyesight. I hope some way to scale the UI will become a thing later.

    Another thing I want is colorblind modes of some sort.

    Have you tried using Magnifier, say to read stuff in-game?
  • LiivLiiv
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited May 19

    Helsa wrote: »
    Liiv wrote: »
    At this moment you cannot change the size of the font in Mabinogi. I have multiple friends who have a really hard time playing the game because of the illegibility of a lot of the text in the game, and I have to say I see it too. There should absolutely be more accessibility options like making the font even just a bit bigger.

    This is a good idea. In the meantime, your friends can try playing Mabinogi in Windowed mode, shrink the window to less than full screen and use Magnifier, which comes with every install of Windows.

    Hey, thank you so much for this recommendation, I will be sure to let my friend know.

    I do still hope the game adds more accessibility, soon. And as another comment recommended, a colorblind mode would make this game playable for so many more people.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,920
    Posts: 5,102
    Member
    Liiv wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Liiv wrote: »
    At this moment you cannot change the size of the font in Mabinogi. I have multiple friends who have a really hard time playing the game because of the illegibility of a lot of the text in the game, and I have to say I see it too. There should absolutely be more accessibility options like making the font even just a bit bigger.

    This is a good idea. In the meantime, your friends can try playing Mabinogi in Windowed mode, shrink the window to less than full screen and use Magnifier, which comes with every install of Windows.

    Hey, thank you so much for this recommendation, I will be sure to let my friend know.

    I do still hope the game adds more accessibility, soon. And as another comment recommended, a colorblind mode would make this game playable for so many more people.

    NP, your colourblind friend would know more than me but some kind of free colourblind add-in for windows sounds like something they should be able to find on SourceForge. In the mean time, they might be able to set their windows to black&white, if that would do anything for them?

    BTW Liiv=?
    a) 50 1 1 5
    b) 50 2 5
    c) 50 1 4
    d) 51 1 5
    e) 51 4
    f) 52 5
    g) None of the above?
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Posts: 37
    Member
    As someone who cannot read the big "E" on the eyechart without glasses, I agree. Something needs to be done. But it's not just the game fonts sizes that are a problem. The main site for the game can be just as problematic. For example, on some of the news announcements, there is occasionally some really small print. So I try to enlarge it by holding down the control key while using the mouse wheel. While the webpage does reload to an increased size, the window in which Nexon embeds the announcements shrinks, counteracting my efforts. Oh, I can keep increasing the page size and eventually the announcement window will let me see larger fonts. At 150%, small to normal fonts. At 160% ridiculously large ones. I have to decide between straining my eyes for anything with fine print (like the event schedule) or having at most 8 lines of gigantic text on my screen.

    By the way, that "Enter the Great Era of Commerce" graphic that is for the current update will block out a quarter of my screen if I do go 160%.

  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 74
    Member
    That should go hand in hand with UI scaling. The UI scale is something that has always bothered me. I have a dang large screen TV for a monitor, I shouldn't be taking up 300% of it for bags just because I can't make the UI smaller. Mabi's UI windows all have so much window padding it's more than any mmo I've ever played. So so so much wasted space. Yes I've tried every resolution both in-game and on my computer. And I don't want to download some 3rd party software that may or may not trigger NCS just for that.