Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ducats instead of points, stars and coins.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
What if we took the following:
- Jousting Arena points and shop
- Alby Battle Arena coins and shop
- Rabbie Battle Arena coins and shop
- Connous Battle Arena coins and shop
- Rafting stars and shop
- Hot-Air Ballooning stars and shop
- and any other similar things.

and changed them over to rewarding Ducats instead and made their shops require ducats. It would add more utility to Ducats and the nice thing about Ducats is that they can't be traded between players so that should keep players from manipulating Ducat markets.
NegumikoSherriLiivAtheist42ElrisHightowers

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I could see this working out. Rafting does need some serious updating.
    Liiv
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I don't mind the idea. More methods for earning ducats is appreciated and, maybe it would convince them to up the ducat rates.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I forgot to add to the original post:

Helsa0151+Alexina of Erinn
    PS do we still need to add server of residence even now?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Think this may just kill what little activity those things still have. It would just be simpler to farm commerce. Unless prices and rewards for those activities were significantly higher and in that case you would probably kill commerce.
    Elris
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 1, 2022
    Wow Helsa, an idea that I actually like. I might ACTUALLY do jousting for that. Good job.

Helsa wrote: »

We don't have to do this anymore. In fact I am actually suggesting to get rid of the Erinn section down below since we are all one server now.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 1, 2022
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Wow Helsa, an idea that I actually like. I might ACTUALLY do jousting for that. Good job.

Helsa wrote: »

We don't have to do this anymore. In fact I am actually suggesting to get rid of the Erinn section down below since we are all one server now.

They actually said we don't have to bother giving server anymore?
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Think this may just kill what little activity those things still have. It would just be simpler to farm commerce. Unless prices and rewards for those activities were significantly higher and in that case you would probably kill commerce.

Maybe or maybe it's just a matter of setting the prices and rewards appropriately.
  • LiivLiiv
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Perhaps on top of this, more things you can buy with ducats.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Good idea. I hate it when games are needlessly complex, such as when they force us to understand multiple mutually exclusive reward systems. Anything that reduces the complexity of the game makes the code simpler and easier to maintain, hopefully extending the lifespan of the game.
  • ElrisElris
    Mabinogi Rep: 740

I feel like this is a very solid point. I 've only tried rafting twice since it was introduced, and I don't think I've ever tried Hot-Air Ballooning...though that could just be due to usually playing solo.
    Although, knowing that Ducats can be used for useful gear AND repairs for them, I'm more motivated to earn ducats, and having some variation from the standard commerce system would be nice. It'd be pretty sweet is the weekly joust had a sizeable ducat payout.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Elris wrote: »

I feel like this is a very solid point. I 've only tried rafting twice since it was introduced, and I don't think I've ever tried Hot-Air Ballooning...though that could just be due to usually playing solo.
    Although, knowing that Ducats can be used for useful gear AND repairs for them, I'm more motivated to earn ducats, and having some variation from the standard commerce system would be nice. It'd be pretty sweet is the weekly joust had a sizeable ducat payout.

It depends how you price things: goodies and rewards. Things like jousting and fashion only happen one or two times a day, so you can't really "spam" them like you can with commerce. So, for people only focused on the most efficient path to resources, never mind enjoying the game in and of itself, you can price items and rewards to make these the most appealing.

As for spamable things, I would make the PvP arenas the second most appealing. The reason is that many people are not interested in PvP, yet it is direct competition against PC opponents that give games lasting power. Look at FPS games they've been the same for decades and are still just as popular. It's the visceral intensity of facing a real person that makes them lastingly appealing. This idea might get those folks that are shy about PvP more and more comfortable with it. Next, would be rafting and ballooning, they're spamable but slow and, for many, quite a bit more challenging solo. Finally, you have commerce. It is slow and spamable, but easier to solo; you can, at least, try to dodge bandits, whom have a cap on how much they will steal, and there is the bounty system, if you are robbed.
    Elris