Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spears and polearms (Not lances)

DelaclyaDelaclya
Mabinogi Rep: 440
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi, i wish to suggest a suggestion. this suggestion goes as follows.
i suggest that there be a new type of weapon. now that is probably more complicated than i think but i wish to suggest it nontheless.
Spears and polearms. like halberds, poleaxes, lances (the not extremly wide kind), bardiches, glaives and a variety of polearms
why? polearms are a historially important and common weapon. very effective too. long range and versatile and easy-ish to use. generally spears are among the most simple and common weapons but by no means an ineffective one.
so my suggestion is to implement spears of various types, let them have greater range and some spears might be more defensive counter-attacky and some might be more offensive perhaps?
either way i think they would be a good addition. and naturally i think all races should be able to use them since.. they're spears.
javelins are another story and i think that some spears should be usable with a shield since that is another very effective method of using them with historical precedent.
ElrisCyborgJiroSherri

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Spears are lighter, maybe elves can actually hold this kind of 2hand weapon?
    ElrisDelaclyaSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Polearms are used by groups of tightly packed people, or by cavalry. The polearms used by cavalry are lances which the OP has discounted. I think it would be interesting if they introduced a mechanic with the party code where the characters form a phalanx or maniple if they are armed with the same polearm and the party lead enables it. The party becomes a single unit run by the leader, the mechanic being like a multiple passenger pet. To the game it can be a pet without actually being a pet. Maybe the group phalanx "pet" can have it's own skills.