Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Actual support pls

iUseGoogleiUseGoogle
Mabinogi Rep: 800
edited July 14, 2022 in Help
My account was banned several years ago, I never knew why until recently thanks to another ban appeal ticket. Their reasoning is "account compromising" which I told them I can prove is a mistake as I know and am friends with the person they think I compromised the account of and can even get the person to send a ticket in to explain it was a mistake as well... However thanks to automated replies and a lack of genuine help from the ticket system I'm met with continuous "further attempts to appeal this will be ignored" etc despite the fact they were ignored/brushed aside from the start. Idk how I'm getting banned from a ban appeal system when I haven't had a chance to appeal from the start? Genuine help on this matter would be appreciated as I spent a huge chunk of my life on that account as well as over 15k usd only to have it wasted because of a mistake that they wont listen to

Comments

• iUseGoogleiUseGoogle
    Getting banned for a mistake that doesn't even hurt anyone or go against the company Nexon or ruin the game Mabinogi in the least, despite being a dedicated player who really loved Nexon/mabinogi and still seeing players who do intentionally do things to ruin the game/hurt other players and get away with it is like a huge slap in the face and incredibly disheartening.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Wait what? How would they know if someone else has logged into your account? I would think all they have is IP address. Does that mean if I log in on another computer, I'm banned! I mean I get the idea of shutting down the account if it genuinely is stolen, but then how are you supposed to get it back? Does the EULA say anything about lending your account being automatic grounds for banishment? That seems pretty harsh.
    iUseGoogle
  • iUseGoogleiUseGoogle
    Helsa wrote: »
    Wait what? How would they know if someone else has logged into your account? I would think all they have is IP address. Does that mean if I log in on another computer, I'm banned! I mean I get the idea of shutting down the account if it genuinely is stolen, but then how are you supposed to get it back? Does the EULA say anything about lending your account being automatic grounds for banishment? That seems pretty harsh.

I've never had this issue until this instance, and customer support has been non existent and rude regarding it. I've never heard of anyone else getting banned for logging into other's accounts, and I know many people who will do so for events when others are unable etc...I get they can ban anyone for any reason they want but it's freaking nuts that this was enough to permanently lose my account. There's a reason the player base is dwindling and it's not cuz Mabinogi is a bad game >_>
  • HelsaHelsa
    iUseGoogle wrote: »

I've never had this issue until this instance, and customer support has been non existent and rude regarding it. I've never heard of anyone else getting banned for logging into other's accounts, and I know many people who will do so for events when others are unable etc...I get they can ban anyone for any reason they want but it's freaking nuts that this was enough to permanently lose my account. There's a reason the player base is dwindling and it's not cuz Mabinogi is a bad game >_>

Okay so I reread the first post and realize I misread it. I thought you were saying that you lent your account, they saw that as compromisation, locked it, and they're being overly careful about protecting the account. If I understand it correctly now, your friend lent you their account, and Nexon saw that as you having, say, hacked into it. So, it's your account that is banned, not the one they think was compromised. Furthermore, the owner of the borrowed account, who retains control of it and it is active, has contacted support, explained that the account was lent to you rather than it being hacked, but support is having none of it? I assume your friend has asked support what they need to do to convince them that they ARE the actual owner and the DID lend out the account? Or, similarly to what I asked earlier, does the EULA say anything about lending your account being automatic grounds for banishment of the account of the person so lent to?
    iUseGoogle
  • iUseGoogleiUseGoogle

Okay so I reread the first post and realize I misread it. I thought you were saying that you lent your account, they saw that as compromisation, locked it, and they're being overly careful about protecting the account. If I understand it correctly now, your friend lent you their account, and Nexon saw that as you having, say, hacked into it. So, it's your account that is banned, not the one they think was compromised. Furthermore, the owner of the borrowed account, who retains control of it and it is active, has contacted support, explained that the account was lent to you rather than it being hacked, but support is having none of it? I assume your friend has asked support what they need to do to convince them that they ARE the actual owner and the DID lend out the account? Or, similarly to what I asked earlier, does the EULA say anything about lending your account being automatic grounds for banishment of the account of the person so lent to?

Yeah that's basically the gist of it, she has yet to send in a ticket as we're waiting on their response to see if it'd even change anything :/ but no one answering the tickets will respond now because my appeals are on some kind of an ignore list apparently.

As for EULA when looking at it I don't see anything that says anything about logging into someone else's account, unless it was hacked or malicious intent etc , which we're trying to tell them/prove to them is not the case if they'd give me the time of day
  • HelsaHelsa

Yeah that's basically the gist of it, she has yet to send in a ticket as we're waiting on their response to see if it'd even change anything :/ but no one answering the tickets will respond now because my appeals are on some kind of an ignore list apparently.

As for EULA when looking at it I don't see anything that says anything about logging into someone else's account, unless it was hacked or malicious intent etc , which we're trying to tell them/prove to them is not the case if they'd give me the time of day

As you explain it, that really sounds messed up; I wonder if @Katherz could help you out?

iUseGoogle
  • iUseGoogleiUseGoogle

As you explain it, that really sounds messed up; I wonder if @Katherz could help you out?

That was my hope for sure as slim as the chances seem ~ it has been like talking to a brick wall and a super frustrating experience using the ticket system
    ty for letting me rant though I feel at least somewhat better about it getting this off my chest ;_;
  • HelsaHelsa

That was my hope for sure as slim as the chances seem ~ it has been like talking to a brick wall and a super frustrating experience using the ticket system
    ty for letting me rant though I feel at least somewhat better about it getting this off my chest ;_;

It looks like there'll be a new sheriff in town so you'll have to appeal to the new one.