Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NGS Security threats getting out of control

HassaikaiHassaikai
Mabinogi Rep: 110
in Technical Support
I normally never get this issue, maybe one time in a month. After Thursdays update i literally can not log on for more then a minute before i get kicked for NGS security threat. On my end nothing has changed. No 3rd parties, no firewall, no vpn nothing that would trigger a security threat. Yet I'm getting disconnected literally 40 seconds after i log in by NGS. The game is passed an unplayable state for me at this point. What was in this latest patch that has effectively denied me from playing? Installation Repair and Fresh install has yielded no results. There is literally nothing else i can disable that would theoretically throw a NGS security threat. Ticket i posted has had no response so far, am I just out of luck?
Niought

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Hassaikai wrote: »
    I normally never get this issue, maybe one time in a month. After Thursdays update i literally can not log on for more then a minute before i get kicked for NGS security threat. On my end nothing has changed. No 3rd parties, no firewall, no vpn nothing that would trigger a security threat. Yet I'm getting disconnected literally 40 seconds after i log in by NGS. The game is passed an unplayable state for me at this point. What was in this latest patch that has effectively denied me from playing? Installation Repair and Fresh install has yielded no results. There is literally nothing else i can disable that would theoretically throw a NGS security threat. Ticket i posted has had no response so far, am I just out of luck?

Try rebooting into safe mode with networking and seeing if the game runs cleanly then. You don't want to normally run things this way, it's for testing only. If the game runs then it confirms a software conflict on your end.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited July 30, 2022
    Hassaikai wrote: »

I've legit never had this issue before until the last update. First it takes forever starting up, but when it does, I almost immediately get kicked by NGS, and Installation Repair didn't work for me either. Has anyone found a fixed for it yet, or are we just going to have to wait until Nexon hopefully fixes it?

Also, I think in the Thursday patch, they were trying to fix NGS issues for Windows 11 players, so I feel like maybe that's where the problem happened at, but who knows.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Here is the Microsoft article on how to boot into safe mode with networking. Give it a try because if you ever get a one-on-one with Nexon support they're gonna ask you to do it anyway. This mode is just for testing, you don't want to run in it all the time. If Mabinogi runs under safe mode with networking then a software conflict on your end is indicated. Usually, it's protection software that's causing the trouble.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Helsa wrote: »
    Here is the Microsoft article on how to boot into safe mode with networking. Give it a try because if you ever get a one-on-one with Nexon support they're gonna ask you to do it anyway. This mode is just for testing, you don't want to run in it all the time. If Mabinogi runs under safe mode with networking then a software conflict on your end is indicated. Usually, it's protection software that's causing the trouble.

Oh, thank you anyways, but I actually just got mine fixed! Still, I'll be sure to look into it if I run into the problem again. But yeaah, even though I did do the Installation Repair like, two times the other day, I just did it before logging in again, and it was all running just fine. Dunno if it'll work for anyone else, but hopefully so.
  • ExaetaExaeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Please fix this, I dont even have any mods installed and I get kicked by NGS like 2-5 times per week.