Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

100,000 Homestead Stones

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited October 23, 2022 in General Chat
I mean, I guess the OCD is kinda obvious.

Comments

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Nice.

If I hadn't spent all those years away from the game, I'd be close to that -- but probably not that high. I kept mining homestead stones back when the homestead cap was level 6, just in case they expanded it (did NOT expect them to do so). I'd do my daily mining with my maid and get the 2 extra from the daily quest in Port Cobh. Then there was the stack in outlaw missions.

But I stepped away from the game, so I'm only around 22k stones. And now I typically only bother the daily collection from the homestead.
  • HelsaHelsa
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    Nice.

If I hadn't spent all those years away from the game, I'd be close to that -- but probably not that high. I kept mining homestead stones back when the homestead cap was level 6, just in case they expanded it (did NOT expect them to do so). I'd do my daily mining with my maid and get the 2 extra from the daily quest in Port Cobh. Then there was the stack in outlaw missions.

But I stepped away from the game, so I'm only around 22k stones. And now I typically only bother the daily collection from the homestead.

I started relatively late, actually, and, while I had two piles, for a while I did not use a maid to help me. So you, likely, would have had perhaps TWICE that. I know of another person, also an Alexinan giant who has around 73k-ish-or-so right now.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Helsa wrote: »

I started relatively late, actually, and, while I had two piles, for a while I did not use a maid to help me. So you, likely, would have had perhaps TWICE that. I know of another person, also an Alexinan giant who has around 73k-ish-or-so right now.

Ah. The SECOND pile. Lol. That helps.

Yeah, I calculated that had I played every day I would have around 75k, not taking lucky bonuses into account. But only with one pile.

For me, I'm not sure if it's OCD or the fact that I enjoy the absurdity of collecting stones I'd never spend.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 16, 2022
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Ah. The SECOND pile. Lol. That helps.

Yeah, I calculated that had I played every day I would have around 75k, not taking lucky bonuses into account. But only with one pile.

For me, I'm not sure if it's OCD or the fact that I enjoy the absurdity of collecting stones I'd never spend.

Having a lot of *something* makes one feel better off than they are. I suppose that's the heart of hoarding isn't it? Let's face it, any game where you can hoard is about hoarding. But I mean, when my little sister was small, I used to buy her Barbies from the second-hand store, for her birthdays and Christmas. You could get like three dolls for like three bucks. So, she had all kinds of Barbies: different hair styles, different hair colours, different nationalities, and she felt like she was the richest girl in the world, just because she had a ton of them.