Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Storyline Box Needs A Fix!

NioughtNiought
Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
edited November 15, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Honestly, I wasn't sure where to put this, but considering I don't think it counts as a bug, I thought I'd just make it a suggestion.

So, Mabinogi changed the Storyline/gen book area somewhat recently, and I only now got around to clicking it and seeing what it looks like. And I think it and the artwork of the characters there looks cool...from what I can see of it, at least.

So, I play in windowed mode, not full-screen mode, cause that makes things more glitchy for me. My problem is, the gen-book thing is too big for my entire screen. I can't move the box up anymore than it already is, meaning I can't actually see much of the generation quests, or anything. So, like how you can squish down the size of the windowed mode screen, skill box, and other certain boxes (quests, too, I think?) they REALLY need to make the storyline box squishable too so I can actually view it. I took a break from gens at the moment since I made it too Apocalypse, and I probably won't need it for a bit unless I plan on trying out the whole replaying gens system. But when I will the storyline book, I'm going to definitely suffer from not being able to view all of it, and I hope they plan on fixing this soon for other windowed mode players with somewhat small screens--assuming they're also having this same problem.

Again, wasn't sure where to put this, so if someone thinks it should go in glitches or something, let me know.
Fluorette

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It's not just windowed mode. I use full screen mode and I can't see the full box. I assumed it was because I'm using a small laptop. Can you confirm if you can see the whole box in full screen mode?
    I can't even tell if the window is draggable. I faced the same issue with the Memoir tab, but at least I could drag it to get to the necessary buttons.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    edited November 20, 2022
    Ah, I see. I'm using a laptop too, so I guess maybe that's where the problem lies at then. I figured it would be more viewable if I was in fullscreen mode at least, and the mix of windowed mode and laptop just completely messed me up. Guess its just laptop, though, but next time I log on, I'll confirm that and go to fullscreen mode to check it.

Ohh, yeah, usually the boxes are small enough to drag it about, or are completely squishable. This new storyline box just can't do either cause of its size, though.
  • NioughtNiought
    Okay, update. I tried it on fullscreen mode and it actually did show all of the storyline box, I think. Just barely though, and I had to minimize the bottom box for it so I could see the bottom part of the storyline box. I really don't want to have to switch between modes just to view it though, cause fullscreen really does feel like its harder to run for me. Even for fullscreen, it'd be nice if the storyline box was smaller/able to be squished down, as it feels kinda cramped imo.