Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gen21Complete=Can't talk to any NPC or Game Crash!

TylerillTylerill
Mabinogi Rep: 620
edited November 29, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
All NPC's Dont Work game crashes when trying to talk to anyone after gen 21 complete. I have no Idea what is going on I been trying to do my grandmaster seals I got my mage grandmaster title a few days ago and decided to go for my warrior now. Well I did my first mission which was a 1 person mission fighting mobs in a middle of a grass field. Got it done with no problem then I talked to Lezarro again for 2nd mission which I got with no problem. Which was defeat 100 Spiders. So I wen to the Sulfur spider shadow mission and got it done then I clicked the complete button and now everythime I go up to Lezarro and try to talk to him I get this The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process? End,Cancel. Now if I hit the cancel button it just buffs and nothing happens so I have to end the process. This is a major glitch that needs fixed right now how can I get my grandmaster warriors title if I can't even do missions at all now. Also weird part is its only this char on my account that does it I tried other chars and it doesnt crash. Dont have a clue what to do I even went to another computer and installed the game and same thing happens I also tryed rebirth and it wont let me game crashes on that now also I also completed Gen 21 today maybe that might be the cause -_- @GM_RAZREL @GM_Zealioth @GM_ZANGERO @GM_Zaltarion @Katherz @Sabina @Smallerbee @Arciellia
SairekInundatedGamer1229

Comments

• SairekSairek
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    edited November 26, 2022
    Yes, I have this bug too. Support hasn't been very helpful other than telling me to "wait for a fix" for nearly 9 days now -- after the community manager didn't bother to read my ticket until a higher GM got involved (telling me to repair/reinstall the game after already saying I did so and it is NOT a files problem, but a CHARACTER problem with video evidence to show).

It's something to do with the G21 ending. Any dialogue box will cause that character to have the game crash. Any other character works completely fine.

This is my experience after coming back to the game after a few years hiatus. Didn't even get to play the game for two days and now my character I've had since day 1 is still completely broken and the game is unplayable.

Edit: Spelling
    TylerillGamer1229
  • TylerillTylerill
    Sairek wrote: »
    Yes, I have this bug too. Support hasn't been very helpful other than telling me to "wait for a fix" for nearly 9 days now -- after the community manager didn't bother to read my ticket until a higher GM got involved (telling me to repair/reinstall the game after already saying I did so and it is NOT a files problem, but a CHARACTER problem with video evidence to show).

It's something to do with the G21 ending. Any dialogue box will cause that character to have the game crash. Any other character works completely fine.

This is my experience after coming back to the game after a few years hiatus. Didn't even get to play the game for two days and now my character I've had since day 1 is still completely broken and the game is unplayable.

Same havent really really played since this update and im loving it but now I can't do anything with my main because of this MAJOR BUG. We shouldn't be waiting over a week for such a giant BUG this should of been patched already.
    @Nexon Please get this done already and the people who are experiencing this issue should get a major compensation I mean I can't do anything right now at all because of this I can lvl but cant talk to any NPC or rebirth. Right now I would of already had 6 more warrior seals for grandmaster warrior at this time. -_-
    SairekGamer1229
  • SairekSairek
    edited November 26, 2022
    Tylerill wrote: »

Same havent really really played since this update and im loving it but now I can't do anything with my main because of this MAJOR BUG. We shouldn't be waiting over a week for such a giant BUG this should of been patched already.
    @Nexon Please get this done already and the people who are experiencing this issue should get a major compensation I mean I can't do anything right now at all because of this I can lvl but cant talk to any NPC or rebirth. Right now I would of already had 6 more warrior seals for grandmaster warrior at this time. -_-

Both Rebirth potions and Forgetful potions I have been saving up for this event have expired 4 days ago by now. So I better at least get those back or I'm gonna be extremely miffed. >_>;
    TylerillDoomedSebastianGamer1229
  • InundatedInundated
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    (Reposting because I'm not sure if my other comment went through.)
    This issue is happening to me as well. I completed G21 yesterday and right afterwards, any NPC I talked to caused my game to crash. Even the G19 Girgashiy mission board in Emain Macha does it, so I'm assuming it's anything with dialogue in it.

Please fix this, I was so excited for the update and now I can't play the game at all...
    SairekGamer1229
  • TylerillTylerill
    Inundated wrote: »
    (Reposting because I'm not sure if my other comment went through.)
    This issue is happening to me as well. I completed G21 yesterday and right afterwards, any NPC I talked to caused my game to crash. Even the G19 Girgashiy mission board in Emain Macha does it, so I'm assuming it's anything with dialogue in it.

Please fix this, I was so excited for the update and now I can't play the game at all...

Im glad you reposted because it didnt post the first time. Still haven't fixed it Now I would of had grandmaster warrior title at this point this really sucks :(
    SairekGamer1229
  • SairekSairek
    I'm guessing we won't get a fix until some scheduled maintenance, which would mark an entire two weeks I've been unable to play the game and do this event.

And yet they're confused on why the game has been bleeding players for years.
  • Gamer1229Gamer1229
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    edited November 28, 2022
    Wow I thought I was the only one. Yeah I have the exact same bug. I can't talk to any NPC and can't even use the read option for books. I noticed it right after I finished G21 as well. I put in a support ticket and they basically just said to wait for maintenance as well. It's been a few days for me, and I really can't progress in the game. I hope we get some kind of compensation or maybe an extension to the event period would be fine as well. They should also release a notice to tell people to not complete the G21 story quests or maybe just disable the quest if possible to avoid more people from getting the bug. The game is pretty much unplayable after getting the bug.
    SairekTylerill
  • TylerillTylerill
    edited November 29, 2022
    Gamer1229 wrote: »
    Wow I thought I was the only one. Yeah I have the exact same bug. I can't talk to any NPC and can't even use the read option for books. I noticed it right after I finished G21 as well. I put in a support ticket and they basically just said to wait for maintenance as well. It's been a few days for me, and I really can't progress in the game. I hope we get some kind of compensation or maybe an extension to the event period would be fine as well. They should also release a notice to tell people to not complete the G21 story quests or maybe just disable the quest if possible to avoid more people from getting the bug. The game is pretty much unplayable after getting the bug.

Yeah see that is what I really don't understand at all like uh this is like one of the biggest glitches/bugs I've ever seen in any video game in my whole life. Why on earth would there not be a emergency maintenance to like what you said if they don't have a fix for it make it to were we can't do it for the time being till it is fixed. And let everyone know not to do gen 21 if they can't do a emergency maintenance. But yet they haven't done any announcement what so ever what are you developers doing?

@GM_RAZREL @GM_Zealioth @GM_ZANGERO @GM_Zaltarion @Katherz @Sabina @Smallerbee @Arciellia
    Sairek
  • SairekSairek
    edited November 29, 2022
    From the Discord server:
    We'd like to share that the upcoming Thursday, December 1st maintenance will resolve the following issues:
    • Talking to NPCs after completing G21 will cause a crash.
    • Completing the Andras's Past RP mission will not complete the quest.
    • KartRider pet's Running Boost is not properly boosting the speed.
    We are continuing to investigate other issues as they are reported. If you are experiencing any issues, please reach out to us and submit a ticket to the Player Support team.

So it looks like a fix will be deployed. I don't know about compensation though.

Guess it's time for me to re-open my ticket and ask.

Edit: Apparently there's no news yet about compensation of their end, which is a bad sign in my opinion. Compensation should be a thing that the only thing that should be talked about is "what" and "how", not "if".
  • TylerillTylerill
    From the Discord server:
    We'd like to share that the upcoming Thursday, December 1st maintenance will resolve the following issues:
    • Talking to NPCs after completing G21 will cause a crash.
    • Completing the Andras's Past RP mission will not complete the quest.
    • KartRider pet's Running Boost is not properly boosting the speed.
    We are continuing to investigate other issues as they are reported. If you are experiencing any issues, please reach out to us and submit a ticket to the Player Support team.

So it looks like a fix will be deployed. I don't know about compensation though.

Guess it's time for me to re-open my ticket and ask.

Edit: Apparently there's no news yet about compensation of their end, which is a bad sign in my opinion. Compensation should be a thing that the only thing that should be talked about is "what" and "how", not "if".

This is great that they are fixing it but like you said uh compensation please so much time and things that could of been done are lost because of this.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Holy cathu. The extent of this bug is greater than I would've imagined. S:
  • TylerillTylerill
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Holy cathu. The extent of this bug is greater than I would've imagined. S:

Yeah especially when there are people who have been dealing with it for over two weeks and haven't been able to do anything because of it :(
  • SairekSairek
    edited December 1, 2022
    Well, I can talk to NPCs again thanks to the maintenance.

But still waiting for all of my expired items to be unexpired -- if they even will be, due to me being unable to play for 2 weeks or even use some of them:
    0U4ysVi.png

Last time I asked Nexon support, they said that they "don't have any news" about recovering such items which means I have a very sour taste in my mouth despite being able to play again.
  • TylerillTylerill
    Well, I can talk to NPCs again thanks to the maintenance.

But still waiting for all of my expired items to be unexpired -- if they even will be, due to me being unable to play for 2 weeks or even use some of them:
    0U4ysVi.png

Last time I asked Nexon support, they said that they "don't have any news" about recovering such items which means I have a very sour taste in my mouth despite being able to play again.

Guh I hope they dont ignore this :(
  • TylerillTylerill
    edited December 1, 2022
    Well I should of known they are gonna play the I don't have a clue what you are talking about there just playing it off there not gonna give us a compensation this is what I got.

Hello Milletian,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

Regarding your concern, unfortunately, we cannot grant your request. We know that this is not the response you were expecting but we only ask for your utmost patience and understanding towards this.

Like wow really for real over a week not being able to play game because of a massive bug and we get nothing back for it no compensation what so ever.
  • SairekSairek
    Tylerill wrote: »
    Well I should of known they are gonna play the I don't have a clue what you are talking about there just playing it off there not gonna give us a compensation this is what I got.

Hello Milletian,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

Regarding your concern, unfortunately, we cannot grant your request. We know that this is not the response you were expecting but we only ask for your utmost patience and understanding towards this.

Like wow really for real over a week not being able to play game because of a massive bug and we get nothing back for it no compensation what so ever.

That's really unfortunate.

In my case, I'm not asking for extra items though. I'm just asking for my expired items back.

Kinda makes it hard to use rebirth/forgetful potions if you can't play, and impossible to use shadow mission crystals if you can't enter any shadow missions because the mission boards crash you. And I couldn't use any of the buff/exp potions because what the heck am I supposed to use them on if I can't do content.
  • SairekSairek
    edited December 7, 2022
    Well, I got the big fat middle-finger too. Imagine if these were items I paid for, or if I had premium services running -- not to mention the entire two weeks of time wasted in general.

Honestly that is extremely suspect that they won't return items; doesn't matter if they're premium or not.

Hello Milletian,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I understand that you wanted your items to be restored. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request for compensation of the items that was lost.

I know that this is not the response you were expecting and I can only ask for your patience and understanding towards this matter.

Kindly keep an eye on our website if there will be any compensation updates regarding the issue.

Should you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us again by submitting a new ticket.

Can't help but notice it's basically the same copy & paste response.

Players who were negatively affected and are not receiving compensation should speak up; post about your experiences on public platforms and show others how Nexon disrespects their playerbases' time and money.

I'm not asking to start a hate mob or whatever, but make your voices and discontent heard and let people know the facts of the situation in a manner that others can form their own opinions and decide if that is a company they want to spend their time and money on who treats their players in this way.

I'm hoping with enough noise, they will compensate people who were negatively effected as they should for their screw-up by at least returning items that were lost at the bare minimum. I know they have both the character and inventory logs for these kinds of things.

In my case, I co-administrate a discord server of nearly 4,750 people (if you count bots), and they already know how fed up I was with this situation 2 weeks ago, soooo... yeah. Not sure if this is the hill you wanna stand on, Nexon:

AUGZ09q.png

Compensate your players who have stuck with you and treat them with respect, please. It will earn you more good-will and money in the long-term than just shafting people for no reason.

I'm going to wait until the 15/16th That'll give tomorrow and the week after for two announcements regarding the situation to come out. Any longer than that and I'm gonna consider it a lost cause and will take matters into my own hands (as well as spend my time and money elsewhere).
  • TylerillTylerill
    Well, I got the big fat middle-finger too. Imagine if these were items I paid for, or if I had premium services running -- not to mention the entire two weeks of time wasted in general.

Honestly that is extremely suspect that they won't return items; doesn't matter if they're premium or not.

Hello Milletian,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I understand that you wanted your items to be restored. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request for compensation of the items that was lost.

I know that this is not the response you were expecting and I can only ask for your patience and understanding towards this matter.

Kindly keep an eye on our website if there will be any compensation updates regarding the issue.

Should you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us again by submitting a new ticket.

Can't help but notice it's basically the same copy & paste response.

Players who were negatively affected and are not receiving compensation should speak up; post about your experiences on public platforms and show others how Nexon disrespects their playerbases' time and money.

I'm not asking to start a hate mob or whatever, but make your voices and discontent heard and let people know the facts of the situation in a manner that others can form their own opinions and decide if that is a company they want to spend their time and money on who treats their players in this way.

I'm hoping with enough noise, they will compensate people who were negatively effected as they should for their screw-up by at least returning items that were lost at the bare minimum. I know they have both the character and inventory logs for these kinds of things.

In my case, I co-administrate a discord server of nearly 4,750 people (if you count bots), and they already know how fed up I was with this situation 2 weeks ago, soooo... yeah. Not sure if this is the hill you wanna stand on, Nexon:

AUGZ09q.png

Compensate your players who have stuck with you and treat them with respect, please. It will earn you more good-will and money in the long-term than just shafting people for no reason.

I'm going to wait until the 15/16th That'll give tomorrow and the week after for two announcements regarding the situation to come out. Any longer than that and I'm gonna consider it a lost cause and will take matters into my own hands (as well as spend my time and money elsewhere).

Yeah I hope they do but doesnt seem like they care -_-
  • KenChihulyKenChihuly
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Well this is a massive bummer. I just finished G21 and Im having the same problem now. I feel it has to do with a new keyword you unlock after completing G21 (Which is in Korean). I just got back into Mabi as well and now.. I cant do anything anymore. Thats awful