Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cutscenes are messed up in older generations.

CelticmossCelticmoss
Mabinogi Rep: 750
edited January 27, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
My friend and I were playing through G1-G8 on newer characters but we noticed that a lot of cutscenes are bugged. We've both experienced the same glitches on two different computers using Nexon Launcher. I've been playing this game since open beta on and off but the cutscenes were never like this.

A few examples:
1. G2 White Wolf RP Dungeon - The "boss" walks up to you in slow motion and it takes like a solid couple minutes to reach you. Once it starts talking to you, the speed of the dialogue goes too fast to read (for most people).

2. G2 - There's a scene where Price is running around in extreme slow motion. The goblins and the goblins are literally just zooming in and out; moving back and forth. Nothing happens and it never ends on it's own. You have to force skip the cutscene.

3. G2/G3 - The camera is all around messed up in certain cutscenes. Models are going in FRONT of the dialogue box.

4. When Ruairi goes to fight you, your player is invisible. Price shows up and rescues... air.

3. G8 - The Golden Dragon just doesn't show up. His portrait and dialogue appear, but NOT the actual model. Your perspective is stuck on/inside the rocks. Atrata is also stuck inside the floor for the entire cutscene.

It's funny, until you have new players experience this and it leaves a bad impression on an already dated MMO. Please fix it, Nexon! I sent in a ticket but was suggested to write a post here. Check out the cutscene replays in the Dunbarton library to see what I mean.

Comments

• Professor_QProfessor_Q
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,580
    Yeah, same here. I notice it. They need to fix this quickly.