Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

William Partner Bonuses (a question)

LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
in Item/Premium Shop
I'm considering getting the William partner for the commerce stats. But I have a question. Do the bonuses for +1 commerce inventory slot and the +200 weight stack with the Grandmaster Merchant bonus, or is only the 1-3% Ducat bonus applied?

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    I'm considering getting the William partner for the commerce stats. But I have a question. Do the bonuses for +1 commerce inventory slot and the +200 weight stack with the Grandmaster Merchant bonus, or is only the 1-3% Ducat bonus applied?

Yes, the +1 Commerce Inventory and +200 Weight Increase from William will stack with the Grandmaster Merchant Bonus. Just confirmed it game. Elephant Mount has 7 Commerce Inventory Slots and 1,700 Weight Limit with no bonuses, after using Grandmaster Merchant Bonus it had 8 Commerce Inventory Slots and 1,800 Weight Limit, After that I summoned William Commerce Partner and the Elephant had 9 Commerce Inventory Slots and 2,000 Weight Limit.
    LoomyOfPi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Comparing the William and regular commerce partner, I have both:
    1. William mount is better as it just makes you run faster and William runs, behind you, to keep up. While he is "mounted" you can still fight. The regular commerce partner rides piggy back and you can't fight while they are there.
    2. The regular commerce partner, I think, has the easier daily quests.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Yes, the +1 Commerce Inventory and +200 Weight Increase from William will stack with the Grandmaster Merchant Bonus. Just confirmed it game. Elephant Mount has 7 Commerce Inventory Slots and 1,700 Weight Limit with no bonuses, after using Grandmaster Merchant Bonus it had 8 Commerce Inventory Slots and 1,800 Weight Limit, After that I summoned William Commerce Partner and the Elephant had 9 Commerce Inventory Slots and 2,000 Weight Limit.

Oooh. I'm really tempted now. This is good news to me. There was nothing about it on the wiki either way, and my gut feeling was that it did not stack. But I knew there was a chance, so I had to ask. Since they DO stack, I very well might get one.

Helsa wrote: »
    Comparing the William and regular commerce partner, I have both:
    1. William mount is better as it just makes you run faster and William runs, behind you, to keep up. While he is "mounted" you can still fight. The regular commerce partner rides piggy back and you can't fight while they are there.
    2. The regular commerce partner, I think, has the easier daily quests.

Yeah, I was originally looking at the Commerce Partner, but I examined the William partner to see what he had to offer, since it would be nice to have a male partner for a change (I have 2 females). After looking into William, I decided to that he would be a better buy for me.

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Again, thank you for your reply. I went ahead and bought the William Partner. I've used him on several runs from Cor.

The bonuses did stack... but I gotta be more careful summoning him. I've had issues with the game not keeping my most recent transport option (I think it's because I check prices before I summon him). I've already selected the backpack by mistake once due to clicking the button the instant Cor restocked the rubber. At least that was a small waste of Ducats, but still... Gotta pay more attention.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Neat trick with the william, when you have it summoned and got your goods you can desummon william to save time on him.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Neat trick with the william, when you have it summoned and got your goods you can desummon william to save time on him.

That trick is the same with the regular partner too. It's worked from the very beginning. Look for Elephants, with bent trunks, and you'll know.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Helsa wrote: »

That trick is the same with the regular partner too. It's worked from the very beginning. Look for Elephants, with bent trunks, and you'll know.

Oh that's interesting I never noticed the trunk thing before lol.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi

You lose the bonus when you trade in your goods, don't you? I usually keep mine summoned for that reason. But I have opted to do that a few times.

Regardless, I have two of them, so even if one runs out of time, I'll still have the other. I'm not going to do THAT much commerce in one day.