Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Seeking Friends and Help

FluoretteFluorette
Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
in Mari Chat
Greetings. I'm making this thread since lately I have begun to question whether I should continue playing or not. The only friend I had has already left the game for school, so naturally I'm looking for more genuine friendships or at the very least, those who can help me out in this strange world of Erinn.

I'm an elf. However, I prefer to separate myself from the haughty Tuatha de Danann elves within Filia/Connous and don't mind rebelling against the leader, so I have no problem with giants (or humans)!
My total level is a little above 800 (at the time this post was created), meaning I am a beginner with the benefits and all. I've touched a few of the Talents, most notably Archery, Close Combat, Magic, Gunslinger, and Cooking. I wouldn't say my ranks in them are very high. I haven't reached Grandmaster in any of them.
I am also very, very fragile, weak in terms of damage, and clueless in this game that it's almost embarrassing. I can't even solo an Advanced+ Shadow Mission without being brutally murdered multiple times.
Right now I am currently stuck in Generation 19 (so no spoilers, please!!), but I am really enjoying the Generations/lore behind the game so far. I'd have to say my favorite thing ever here is the whole continent of Iria and the Sagas revolving around it.

Not sure if I'm looking for a guild... I've joined many guilds across MMOs with tight-knit families and generally found myself being the odd duck that just somehow didn't fit in and wanted out. I'd also like to avoid using platforms such as Skype or Discord unless absolutely necessary as I don't voice chat (can't given my living situation).

As far as interests/hobbies go I cook, bake, write, and play a few other games like this one. I might come off as reserved and quiet at first glance, but once I've adjusted and gotten comfortable I tend open up a lot more.

So there you have it! Friendships would be highly appreciated here or I might just starve. Or in the case that I'm simply not good enough to be your friend, if I could get training help, advice, or something from someone experienced I'd really appreciate that too!

My server is Mari. I am in the Eastern Standard Timezone, but I usually have a lot of free time and therefore can be found online often.

I will post my IGN either later or (if I forget) after I receive a response.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• ScavernScavern
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,615
    You're more than welcome to hang with my group and I; we like to run stuff and we're social. ♥
  • ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    I'm trying to get back into the game so i'm more than happy to help :) :) just note/add Shadowtivani and i'll help wherever i can.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Scavern spoke very well about Vendetta. We are a highly hyperactive Guild built on friendship and kindness. Even though we are currently closed to recruitment, we currently hang out on Ch7. Many of us are online at most times, and we'd be happy to get to know you and such. If you want to join later on, you are welcome to. We do use Discord and Skype, though, but it is not directly needed. You'll learn more about our uses for it as you get to know us. My IGN is Ataraxiz if you would like to contact me. Nice to meet you, and hope to see you soon :o ~Ata♥
  • CyadCyad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,275
    You saying you're odd duck, does this mean you feel like you're different from most people? Because that sounds fun, everyone being the same is so boring and I'm looking for getting different kind of creatures to my guild. And then about Discord, for my guild it works as a way to communicate outside the game and rely information, voice isn't even the main thing and not necessary. Either way~ feel free to add me if you want to, I have same IGN as my forum name. Do note I'm not too free yet but I'll try to get more free time later on, I can always give advices though as I'm online 24/7 whether I'm busy or not.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Thanks, guys!! Turns out that I did forget.

Well, my IGN is Neisys and I'm usually... all over places in Channel 2, but I am rather interested in what goes on in the other channels. I'll note you guys first before adding if that's okay (since I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many friends you can have).
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    Scavern spoke very well about Vendetta. We are a highly hyperactive Guild built on friendship and kindness. Even though we are currently closed to recruitment, we currently hang out on Ch7. Many of us are online at most times, and we'd be happy to get to know you and such. If you want to join later on, you are welcome to. We do use Discord and Skype, though, but it is not directly needed. You'll learn more about our uses for it as you get to know us. My IGN is Ataraxiz if you would like to contact me. Nice to meet you, and hope to see you soon :o ~Ata♥

Hey, I've been reading the forums since yesterday and your guild does come off as a very social guild. :^) It's nice to meet you too, and I will be sending a note soon!!

• FluoretteFluorette
    Cyad wrote: »
    You saying you're odd duck, does this mean you feel like you're different from most people? Because that sounds fun, everyone being the same is so boring and I'm looking for getting different kind of creatures to my guild. And then about Discord, for my guild it works as a way to communicate outside the game and rely information, voice isn't even the main thing and not necessary. Either way~ feel free to add me if you want to, I have same IGN as my forum name. Do note I'm not too free yet but I'll try to get more free time later on, I can always give advices though as I'm online 24/7 whether I'm busy or not.

Hello, and yes. My interests tend to differ from many I've come across lately. I've seen your guild thread on the forums too. :^) I'm going to note you in game very soon.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    I'm trying to get back into the game so i'm more than happy to help :) :) just note/add Shadowtivani and i'll help wherever i can.

Hello! Will note you when I log in!!
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited March 6, 2017
    I'm so glad to hear it, and I'll be checking my notes as I would love to make more friends. The more the merrier, they say, haha! I'll inform the others you'd like to come hang out c:
  • KuranekanameKuranekaname
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hi! I'm always down for making new friends. Unfortunately, I'm not on in the evenings as most people are due to the fact that I work from 1600 to midnight, but if you're ever on in the mornings and want to run dailies or need help with any dungeons/ shadow missions I'm always free to help. My in game name is the same as my forum name :)