Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sweet Coffee Event: Consecutive Logins is unfun

NivyaNivya
Mabinogi Rep: 855
edited May 31, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi,

Every game has events that reward regular players. Mabinogi's most event do so as well. However, consecutive login rewards in Sweet Coffee events (and it's re-runs) take it to another level.

First off, we only have 28 days to get 30 days of consecutive logins. Finding Gwen for 10 days is the only way to reach that goal. This itself makes the window pretty tight and doesn't allow any leeway for players unlike other events. Nevertheless, this isn't the worst part of this event so definitely not the hill to die on.

Secondly, special coins are obtained from consecutive login at days which are multiples of 7 and 10. We get 2 special coins on days which are multiples of 10 and one on days which are multiples of 7.
Sweet-Coffee-event-coins.png

This is where the bigger problem lies.
Hypothetically, if a player logs in for 19 days but misses the 20th day due to any real life issue (work, family or net outages), they get 4 coins until 19th login, the streak resets, allowing them to get another coin on the 7th day after. So, in total they get 5 special coins.
For a player who doesn't miss the streak, they get full 10 special coins.
The only difference between these players is that the former missed 1 day during event period, just 1 day. But the result is a 50% reduction in special coin rewards.

My point is that this is very unfair. If the consecutive login reward was just some extra normal coins rather than the main event currency, this wouldn't be so bad.

Possible Solutions

A. Make it so that you get special coin rewards for total login rather than consecutive login. This way there is still penalty for not logging in but it's not as high as consecutive login.

B. Keep consecutive login, but make the reward for it something that's not the main event currency. Perhaps a couple of normal coins, or even something else like passes or extra Sweet Coffee boxes.

Do you guys also feel this way? What's your opinion on this?
  1. I think5 votes
    1. consecutive login is good. You snooze, you lose, that's how events are!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. consecutive logins need to be replaced with total login, agreed!
       40% (2 votes)
    3. this is unfair but there needs to be some other rewards for consecutive logins as well.
       60% (3 votes)

Comments

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    My count was reset after the 7th day, as on the 8th day I got up early, drove several hours, visited family, then kept my eyes glued on the weather due to a tornado warning. By the time things finally settled down, I was too exhausted to log in. Even the thought of what all I would have to do to log in hurt. Had it not been for bad weather, I would have logged in 21 days + 2 bonus from Gwen. I guess those are the breaks. So I feel what you're getting at.

On the plus side, players can buy special coins with normal ones. But a player that misses a day late in the event might not have any normal coins saved up to buy the special ones. Situations like that are why I typically save up the event items and wait until the last week of the event to exchange them. So I'm still good for this event.

I do think that it is fair to reward players who do login every day with some gift (homestead prop, event chair, etc.). In this instance, I also think that the loss of that many special coins is a bit extreme. However, I will accept things the way they are: I missed a day, so I miss the bonus.
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    I absolutely love this feedback! Thank you both for posting your thoughts regarding the Sweet Coffee Event!

Personally as a player, I can understand that keeping up with such daily consecutive tasks can feel incredibly taxing and difficult, especially when the real world happens. I personally agree with Loomiy's thoughts that it's fair to reward players that can dedicate the time to the event, but perhaps there are better and less punishing ways we can go about it in the future.

I'm curious to see how others feel about this topic as well! ❤ Thank y'all for this thread!
    NivyaNiought
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I agree events like this can require a almost unrealistic level of effort at times. However at the same time I love the challenge and players that put more effort into the event and never missing a day should get more out of it. Easy fix to this is to just let us use pon to buy a consecutive login or a total login much like how the Irusan's Attendance Event lets you use pon to buy stamps for the days you missed.
    Arciellia wrote: »
    I absolutely love this feedback! Thank you both for posting your thoughts regarding the Sweet Coffee Event!

Personally as a player, I can understand that keeping up with such daily consecutive tasks can feel incredibly taxing and difficult, especially when the real world happens. I personally agree with Loomiy's thoughts that it's fair to reward players that can dedicate the time to the event, but perhaps there are better and less punishing ways we can go about it in the future.

I'm curious to see how others feel about this topic as well! ❤ Thank y'all for this thread!

All players have very different lives based on where you live, weather, unpredictable irl events, and what we do for work. Some players are just stressed out students, some have long shifts at stressful jobs, and some work from home. It can feel a little to difficult if we have events where if we miss one day we don't get the prize we wanted from it. The Irusan's Attendance Event letting you buy additional stamps for days you missed with pon is the most fair solution I have seen so far. It doesn't overly punish players for missing days while still rewarding the players that make the effort to get perfect attendance. Also unrelated side note, it makes me so jealous we registered for that last Irusan's Attendance Event by talking to a giant cat but we can't ride on that giant cat all over Erinn. Please release mountable giant cat pets that function like the Corgi pets do.

NivyaNiought
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Red heart
    [color=red]❤[/color]

Blah blah blah.
  • NivyaNivya
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I agree events like this can require a almost unrealistic level of effort at times. However at the same time I love the challenge and players that put more effort into the event and never missing a day should get more out of it. Easy fix to this is to just let us use pon to buy a consecutive login or a total login much like how the Irusan's Attendance Event lets you use pon to buy stamps for the days you missed.

All players have very different lives based on where you live, weather, unpredictable irl events, and what we do for work. Some players are just stressed out students, some have long shifts at stressful jobs, and some work from home. It can feel a little to difficult if we have events where if we miss one day we don't get the prize we wanted from it. The Irusan's Attendance Event letting you buy additional stamps for days you missed with pon is the most fair solution I have seen so far. It doesn't overly punish players for missing days while still rewarding the players that make the effort to get perfect attendance. Also unrelated side note, it makes me so jealous we registered for that last Irusan's Attendance Event by talking to a giant cat but we can't ride on that giant cat all over Erinn. Please release mountable giant cat pets that function like the Corgi pets do.

This is a great solution too, without changing much of event. I like this idea as well. It's not quite like Irusan pass since that's based on total logins. But a pass that acts as a streak-freeze would work. Thanks for the alternative suggestion!
    Only downside might be that since Pon isn't given via ingame activities, people who don't have Pon can't buy a pass. I personally have Pon saved so I wouldn't mind.
    Niought
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    They should just do what Unison League (a mobile game I play) does: have login rewards be given each day you log in, consecutive or not, and even continue to give rewards for each login even after the event ends (even if that means carrying them over through the next event, resulting in receiving multiple rewards per day from two different events).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    They should just do what Unison League (a mobile game I play) does: have login rewards be given each day you log in, consecutive or not, and even continue to give rewards for each login even after the event ends (even if that means carrying them over through the next event, resulting in receiving multiple rewards per day from two different events).

Hm? So Unison League events don't really have an end date? They "end" once the last person has completed all the tasks?
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited June 5, 2023
    I've noticed that pon is sometimes given just by logging on on certain hotdays, and it maayy be given during fishing events too, but I'm not too certain about that part. Either way, pon would be a good fix for that for sure, especially since the Irusan already hopped on that. It would be nicer if pon was used as more ways to be helpful for events in general, and give it slightly more of a new purpose. That being said, it also might be nice if pon was rewarded more often in some sort of way. Idk, just my random thoughts on it.

But also, I actually don't feel like its too big of a deal to miss some streaks? I mean, maybe its just me, but I was able to pretty much by everything in the store and then some. I mean, I have two car trucks now, plus the clothes and props. I guess if its about the rewards you get for the constructive logins, I kinda understand that, but everyone is selling the stuff for pretty cheap on auction as well, so I just don't personally think its that big of a deal either

Another issue I'd like to bring up though is when you do a good portion of an event, but drop out for whatever reason (most likely due to life being distracting). So it might be nice if players get some sort of reward for leftover coins (or whatever event currency) they had been saving up in their inventory that they never got to use? Its a thing I know Identity V does, and while I don't like a lot of things the game does, that's one thing I do appreciate about it. Perhaps Mabi could make it so they mail you some pon in return, even? Totally understandable if they don't give pon, but anything would be nice to make up for that.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Helsa wrote: »
    nomigid15 wrote: »

Hm? So Unison League events don't really have an end date? They "end" once the last person has completed all the tasks?

Well, the login rewards are like that. The other event stuff (like event quests) does have end dates.