Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Player vs Player Tournament Coming Soon to Mari!!!

ArcherknightArcherknight
Mabinogi Rep: 555
edited March 6, 2017 in Mari Chat
Greetings Milletians!

It's that time again! As the Milletians grow in combat power we thirst for a challenge! If you're looking for a true test of your power look no further! Welcome to the PvP Tournament: Milletian Brawlers of 2017!

There will be a cash prize pool of five million gold pieces!
1st place takes 3m!
2nd place takes 1m!
3rd and 4th take 500k!

There will be a strict set of rules that must be followed in the tournament! The rules will be reviewed by a highly skilled PvPer in the Mari server who's name I will keep anonymous, for now. when they're ready to be viewed I will post them right here! The Tournament will take place in a homestead that will be built as an arena for our competitors! There is currently no official date. However, this tournament is set into motion and will definitely happen sometime within 3 weeks but no later than 1 month and 1 week from now (It all depends on the amount of help and time put into prepping for it).

This tournament will be the first of many! As time goes on there will be more and more of these on the Mari server and hopefully with an even higher cash prize pool! I will be the host of these tournaments! If you're interested in competing in the upcoming tournament you can contact me, Archerknight, in the Mari Server via notes! If you are interested in simply watching the tournament you may also note me! Just remember that if you would like the watch the tournament to actually add me and tell me so that I can keep track of who's coming to watch and who's competing! I will keep all Competitors, Viewers, and staff of the tournament updated on the status for this tournament both here and in-game!

Goodluck, Milletians! May the latency of your internet and your skills be ever in your favor! ;^)

Also if you'd wish to assist me with helping prep for the tournament and become a part of the staff then please let me know through a note within the game! When you do please let me know the times that you're available and online. Doesn't have to be exact. Thanks! ^-^
Drognak
  1. What type of Player are you in mmorpg games?!21 votes
    1. PvPer
       5% (1 vote)
    2. PvEer
       81% (17 votes)
    3. PvX (Both)
       14% (3 votes)

Comments

• ArcherknightArcherknight
    UPDATE: The Prize pool of 5m is set! An official date is being determined very soon! I will be posting the rules to the Tournament on this post before I give out the date of the Tournament! If you’d still like to compete or come as a viewer of the Tournament, and you’re in the Mari Server, please contact me (Archerknight), Orca, or Tantus! Thanks!
    UPDATE: 3rd place prize has been increased to 700k (Cash Prize Pool 5.3m).
  • HurallMordemHurallMordem
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Add me to the tournament

ID: elfwarrior47

-Note also ingame-
    Scavern
    edited March 20, 2017
    UPDATE: The rules and guidelines are now set for the Tournament! A date will be determined once we've gathered a few more competitors and we find out their availability in-game! Here is the guidelines and rules!:

PvP Tournament Guidelines:

The duels will be from a range of 0% to 2% handicap. The handicap % will be determined by an agreement between both competitors of the duel. The winner will be determined by best of 2 out of 3 for the beginning portion of the tournament. Upon entering semi-finals and the finale it will be a best 3 out of 5.

PvP Tournament Rules:

1. Freedom of speech is allowed (Obviously). We ask that you please do not bring negativity to this tournament whether you’re a viewer or a competitor. We all know that the performance of players, in this game, extremely relies on network latency so please keep negative comments about that to yourself. We’re here to have fun. Too much negative speech will get you disqualified and/or kicked from the homestead.
    2. Reforged weapons are not allowed! The only exception is r3 weapons If you do have a r1 or r2 reforged weapon and it does not benefit you in combat/utility, please speak with staff before using it. All reforge ranks are allowed with gear only. This does include accessories.
    3. Shadow bind and Frozen Blast are not allowed. Do not spam Ice spear!. (Ex: One ice spear every 15~20 seconds is acceptable).
    4. Life Drain is not allowed.
    5. Summoning anything to the battle is not allowed. This includes golems.
    6. Puppetry, music, and crusader talents are not allowed.
    7. Spider Shot is not allowed.
    8. Mana Shield is not allowed.
    9. HP Potions are not allowed
    10. Transformations of any kind (This includes demi-god) is not allowed.
    11. Final Hit is allowed to be used only as a gap closer. This means you turn it on, you click once to attack, and you turn it off. You're not allowed to use Final Hit to its full potential.
    12. Elves are allowed to use final Shot to teleport away from the opponent only once. After which they must cancel the skill.
    13. Wind Guard and Way of the gun are not allowed!
    14. Bombs bought from the general cash shop are not allowed.
    15. No caters, bone chips, weapon pots, or any stat buffs of any kind whatsoever. We will know if you use these. Don’t try it. You will be disqualified!
    16. The use of Personas is also not allowed.
    17. Any type of poisons applied to weapons will not allowed. Mirage missile is the only exception.
    17. All competitors must have view equipment on in order to compete!
    UPFATE: I will list the names of the competitors on this thread once we've recruited a minimum of 11. A bracket will be set for them when we've reached closer to the determined date of the Tournament!
    edited March 19, 2017
    UPDATE: I'm happy to see that the MARI Server still has some life in it! Thank you to those who've joined the Tournament and to those who are coming to view it! We now have 12 competitors! As promised, here is the list of all of the competitors of this Tournament!:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Sped
    2. Vic810
    3. Tantus
    4. Christiano
    5. Daanyx
    6. Rediki
    7. Powermoves69
    8. Elfwarrior47
    9. Crowley282
    10. Flipfloppity
    11. Reaverscry
    12. Astaroth1
    13. Warriors
    14. tayjee
    15. Soulessdmb
    16. Orca
    17. Monkeydc
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will keep adding to this list as we gain more competitors! Thanks again to those competing! Let's make this Tournament the most fun here on the Mari Server! We will also be announcing the official date of the Tournament once we've reached 16 competitors! See you guys soon! :D
    edited March 25, 2017
    UPDATE: The prize pool has been increased to 5.8m! There is now a loser's bracket! 1st place in the loser bracket will take 500k. This bracket will only have one match per round. We are also near 16 competitors, now! We're waiting on one more!

UPDATE: The official date of the Tournament has been chosen! The race to 1st place will be taking place in Archerknight's Homestead on April the 4th (Tuesday) at 8:00 pm EST! If you'd still like to compete now for a shot at any of these prizes now is the chance! If you'd like to watch Milletians duke it out then please add Archerknight on the Mari Server to gain access to the Homestead! Goodluck competitors! Let's have some fun, out there!

UPDATE: We now have 16 competitors! I will link a website to the bracket system of this tournament. Keep in mind that the competitors will be shuffled around on the day of the Tournament.

UPDATE: Thanks to the extra time the prize pool has been increased to 6.3m. 2nd place now takes 1.5m instead of 1m.

http://challonge.com/PvPmari
    Drognak
  • HurkeyBaleetHurkeyBaleet
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    LETS USE MY HOMESTEAD DUELING ARENA, IT NEEDS LOVE
    if we use my arena, i'll log back in and participate c:l
    Add Archerknight. Let me see it.
    laame i have to log in to do that l;D
    Yeah unfortunately. lol.
    Bump!
  • ScavernScavern
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,615
    Bump!
    4th place has been increased by 100k up to 600k!

The Tournament is this coming Tuesday! If you'd like to watch, and you're on the Mari Server, note Archerknight!
    The Tournament is Tomorrow! Goodluck, everyone!
    Thank you all for coming to watch the PvP Tournament, tonight! It was a smashing success! And thank you to those competitors who showed up!

The winners of the tournament were!:

1st place (3m): Orca
    2nd place (1.5m): Tantus
    3rd place (700k): vic810
    4th place (600k): Warriors
    Winner of the loser's bracket (500k): Sped

We had a couple of close matches! Especially Reavers vs Orca and Reavers vs Sped. Reaverscry and Sped even had a 3rd match with a best 2 out of 3! Good job going all out, guys! I hope to see all of you guys in the next one! sometime next month! Thanks again and I hope everyone has a great night!
    ScavernKitsuyasha