Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New item: Precise Reforging Tool?

FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
edited March 12, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I don't normally make suggestions or even post in forums, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the new or old forums yet.

Regardless, I thought of this a few months ago after reforging to get Final Hit Duration. After finally getting it, I realized the other two effects are really, really bad.
So, I had the idea of a new reforging tool: The "Precise Reforging Tool"

What it does: While reforging normally, you re-roll all of your reforging effects to take a chance at new ones, this would allow you to take most of that away if you only obtained one effect you found useful out of the three. If your equipment has multiple effects (Lines), it would allow you to reforge one line of your choosing without having to re-roll the entire thing. The tools will not be able to rank up a reforge or result in the cutscene to obtain a stronger reforge at rank 1 The same effect will not be able to be obtained twice, even if it can be normally. (Example: "Shooting Rush Damage" on shoes)

The price: roughly 2,525 NX each. *Will most likely change*

I understand there are pros and cons to this, of course.

The pros:
Possibly more income for the game due to perfectionists wanting "ultimate" equipment
Stronger equipment for possibly tougher content

The "kons":
The cost - almost double the price of a Fine Reforging Tool and only able to reforge one effect at a time will add up very fast, even after a few tools.
Making stronger equipment could potentially make equipment overpowered, too.
(Example: Combat Mastery Max Damage 20, Lance Charge Damage 20, Lance Mastery Max 20)

There's probably more I forgot to cover, but I'm at work on a break and decided to post this.
Personally, I'm not really supportive for the idea, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought of it!

Also: If this has been mentioned before, let me know. I don't come to the forums very often and don't really bother searching for much since I don't have a need to use it.
  1. Precise Reforging Tools: A good idea or bad idea?12 votes
    1. Good idea
       25% (3 votes)
    2. Bad idea
       33% (4 votes)
    3. Neutral
       42% (5 votes)

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Or we can fix all the tools we have now. :-) But good idea.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Or we can fix all the tools we have now. :-) But good idea.

I didn't think reforges could get any worse, but when I read your post asking Ferghus to fix them, I had a chilling premonition...

Take it back. @_@

On topic, similar things have been suggested before. I kinda hate this idea, because reforge effects are so broken, people getting exactly what they want would take the P2W in this game to all new levels.

I would, however, accept this under certain conditions. Say, for example, these reforges are only obtainable in game, maybe from the baltane supply boxes, or Festia boxes. Ideally, the more troublesome reforges would be nerfed to go along with this, but I doubt that will ever happen.
  • loop8000loop8000
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    I had this same idea with the same name, nexon is adding an item with the same name with the current attendance event, maybe even same purpose, not to mention reforges are getting overhauled, and apparently might be obtainable ingame instead of with NX. Found your post googling the tool