Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event tips

SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
edited March 16, 2017 in Help
If this is going to be exactly like the normal kitchen dungeons, it can be quite tricky defeating the enemies inside the designated area.

As a gunslinger, i find using shooting rush will throw enemies behind your starting point. So standing where you want them to end up has worked for me.

What skills/strategies do you find useful for keeping enemies inside the ring?

Comments

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    As a veteran food fighter from having to obtain Glewyas' cookbooks in triplicate, I will vouch for the use of Shadow Bind; it works nicely to keep a mob in place while you end its life.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Personally, I just stick to melee for this one if one doesn't have Ninja skills obtained. Pets that stun/sleep/freeze upon summon are also a nice thing to have to help with placements. At least they don't go aggro crazy on you, which I feel the normal kitchen dungeons do at times.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    This event dungeon is much more lenient that that dreadful kitchen dungeon, so using pets with AoE effect and windmill/normal attack is already sufficient for me.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Using the fondue stick, hit two times and use bash (the stick is a valid bash-able weapon). The two hits will reduce the monster's protection quickly and the bash-spamming will prevent knockback so this will save time from chasing after a knockback-ed monster. Each bash will decrease the monster's protection so that helps deal more damage.
    Repeat, get as many kills as possible and make sure you hit the fork at 5:15 to avoid the overcooked penalty.
  • ShaylarShaylar
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I really don't know how you manage to get the many ingredients asked in so little time and with no aditionnal fondue stick being added unintentionally in the process...
  • DeadglareDeadglare
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited March 17, 2017
    I got at least...almond choco 7; dark choco: 9; secret spice: 5; hit fork at 5:15 - mission clear (for plain Paramour gift box)
    Defeat choco fondue stick to get those weapon ( they are easy to kill; spawn at the beginning.)
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Fondue sticks (just like the knives in the regular kitchen dungeon) do not harm nor help your score if you add/kill them into the pan. It is best to avoid killing them and focus on the ingredients.
  • ShaylarShaylar
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Well, I tried one more time but since I get too little ingredients, mission failed. I think I'll pass this event. :) Too bad for the Bon-bons though. I was looking forward to adopt a new cute face ^^
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    You only need 50 points to pass the mission. It doesn't really matter how little of the ingredients you are able to successfully kill, so long as you hit the fork at around 5-5:15 so you don't get a penalty for overcooking it.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 19, 2017
    I always get 100 points, seems too easy to me. All i do is use Lullaby, Hydra, then use Golden Time and Elemental Wave skills. After Hydras are gone i use Shock, while at that i use Tuan, Bone Dragon, Kokopo, Fallen Fairy and 3 Pegasus pets. Then, i use Hydra again. If Hydras didn't kill enough to finish recipe, i kill off some extra missing ingredients using Bash with Fondue Stick. Usually, it takes around 3-4 minutes for me to finish so i just go behind fork and wait for right time to hit it (must be 5 min in timer). I know that newer players are unable to do this. In that case, i just suggest you to use any pets that have summon attack and try to use Normal Attack in crowded places, so you can hit more of them at once. I like to use 2 Normal Attack hits and use Smash right after. If you want to hit only 1 monster and not others, use Bash skill or try to find a monster that is a bit too far from others. Oh and kill monsters in red circle! Also, if monster is really pushing you away too much, but you don't need it in your recipe anymore, just try to kill it out of red circle. Fondue Sticks can also ruin your recipe if they kill too much dessert monsters in or out of red circle, so it's good to get rid of them first. I don't think that killing Fondue Sticks in circle ruins the recipe, because i usually kill around 4-6 inside red circle and i still get 100 points. Cloud pet/Lullaby skill is really good to make monsters stop moving, while at that, you can try to hit few of them without worrying that they might run away and so. If you do all of this, you might get at least 50-70 points and succeed the mission.