Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Biggest Flaw Of The Wonderful Wings Gacha

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hazurah wrote: »
    I wanted to alert people this this isn't the worst part of a gachapon with poor RNG.

you mean

there will be worse?

*cough* Tail Gacha *cough cough*

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Greta wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »
    I wanted to alert people this this isn't the worst part of a gachapon with poor RNG.

you mean

there will be worse?

*cough* Tail Gacha *cough cough*

i think for that very reason i will stop buying gacha and eweca, and go for quality pet
  • EhigoEhigo
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    The wing gacha I vote was the worst gapcha i have ever done in mabi history. They should of just named it dye gacha +. Im honestly dissapointed in nexon mabinogi. Even more than how dissapointing there customer support use to be.
    SylviaWolfe
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    did someone say fashion is a small part of this game?
    SylviaWolfe
  • s4reenas4reena
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    It's still better than when we had Production Gacha and the like. NPC weapons(clean)used to be a gacha prize.
  • ClovercodyClovercody
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    I've been out of the game for quite some time, like 5 years gone. And I have to say that yeah, I feel a bit "ripped off" that I spent 10 bucks on this. I had completely forgotten about these forums and wish I had read up on it first.

However, I do have to say that this "dye" gacha has flooded the market, so dyes that used to cost 950k or more are now like only 10 to 15k.

so I guess that is good?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Yuechii wrote: »
    OR..OR, Make the Wings Dyeable and not make it into a huge unorganized mess ._.
    All I wanted was Tuan dyes...Spirit weapon Wings...or something NOT recolored >.>

Sir.

You can't bring logic in here. It's unethical.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I would also complain about hair dyes, but it is less RNG, and more packaging alongside the fact that the elf and giant race do not have the same options as Humans do, forcing them to rely on dye colors that that humans can already buy with pons.
  • s4reenas4reena
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    I would also complain about hair dyes, but it is less RNG, and more packaging alongside the fact that the elf and giant race do not have the same options as Humans do, forcing them to rely on dye colors that that humans can already buy with pons.

Hey, dont act like you didn't have a choice. Some of use only had human as a choice when we joined
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    s4reena wrote: »

Hey, dont act like you didn't have a choice. Some of use only had human as a choice when we joined

I main an elf. Why would I buy fashion appearances for a character I will never use? So while I did have a choice of who I main, why does it matter? Are you suggesting I should play a human if I so badly want a greater breadth of appearances for a direct transaction?

It is not so easy. I've played for the past 5 to 6 years on this Elf. Why should I give it up when Nexon clearly ignored even basic customization options such as hair color, going so far as to provide an uneven array of options among the races, with humans having the most by far?

That and the hair color washes out when one changes their hairstyle.

This is greed at its worst.
    SylviaWolfe
  • KestKest
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I stopped buying gacha after I spent a bunch on the Fate Stay Gacha and pretty much got nothing but training potions.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I found the Wonderful Wing Box to be rather awesome. Got several pairs of wings, several dyes that I used and shared and a ton of training potions that were sold or used.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited April 5, 2017
    Personally I'm fed up with these rigged gachas
    IMO every item should have an 100% equal drop rate, but if Nexon did that the people that dump $2-3k on gachas wouldn't bother, and they only seem to care about those people. They don't look at the bigger picture that more people would probably buy the gachas if they weren't so rigged.
    Even if they gave us tickets with the gachas where say 10 tickets lets us buy one of the items guaranteed like in another MMO I used to play did people didn't get so mad there as they were at least guaranteed to get something of use if they bought enough here you can spend over a grand, and get training pots only.

Even these stupid hairstyle gachas just charge us $1 in pons to change to any of the newer hairstyles, and call it a day not throw them in at some idiotically low rate in a gacha they do only once in a great while.
    Also wave twin tail should just be free as after they gave out the untradeable coupon they never released it again, and seem to have no intent
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Quite late on posting this thread but I have to agree with what @lidiya said.

Alexina is the most populated server for a long time now... but I have yet to see anyone sell few type of wings you can get from the Wing Box... and the Sky Blue angel wings, Brown angel wings, black guardian angel, scarlet guardian are literally nonexistent... I know there's only three (myself included) who have the Wimter Sky Glass Wings too.

So yes... instead of making few items absurdly rare in term of drop rate from the gacha, why not just make everything have an equal drop rate?