Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi won't start from the Nexon Launcher

DeathParfaitDeathParfait
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited March 19, 2017 in Technical Support
I hit the play button and it seems like it begins regularly(I see the nexon logo and stuff in the bottom right hand corner)but then all of a sudden. All I see is my desktop background. It doesn't seem to be running on a different screen when I hit alt+tab. Also the launcher page says that I'm currently in Game even though I'm not. Any suggestions?

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited March 20, 2017
    Hi. Does the game still run it's processes in the background (in task manager) even after it poofs? It may need to be added to the DEP.

Copy and paste from Steam Mabi forums:
    1.Go to Control Panel
    2.Go to System
    3.Click on Advanced System Settings
    4.Click Settings (it should be by Performance)
    5.On the tabs click Data Execution Prevention
    Now the next step requires you to know where the mabinogi installation folder is at.
    Hopefully it's located here for you: C:\Nexon\Library\mabinogi\appdata
    6.When you are at Data Execution Prevention click on add. You need to look for the appdata folder and open it.
    7. Once inside look for client or client.exe and open it to add it.
    8. Once you are done you can close everything and check if Mabinogi works.
  • HeloiseHeloise
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    Don't mean to necro, but this is currently happening to me. This DEP thing didn't help it.