Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Changing How to Obtain Large Nails

FalcondaeFalcondae
Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
in Feedback and Suggestions
Not sure if this has been a pain in the butt for some players, but I feel like there has to be much better ways of getting certain materials and items, such as Apples and Large Nails, and in particular nails. Apples I feel only drop maybe... 1 every 30 punches...? Nails I can be super lucky and get one after one or two punches, but most of the time, I am sitting there punching signs for over 3 minutes and only end up with one nail. Ouch, right?

As someone who makes her own bows en masse for Spirit Weapon repairs and casual usage, not to mention ranking/mastering Handicraft, this can be more than just a chore since you're hitting signs almost non-stop for maybe one stack in half an hour.

I noticed that the different grades of Bolt and Arrowheads are now being sold by Nerys, which were previously exclusive to having player blacksmiths make them for other players. It would be great if Large Nails were either buyable from crafting NPCs, or at least have a manual for them for smiths since it only makes sense, right? Because every time I see my character punching a sign, I feel like her hand is going to be covered in splinters and unable to hold a bow for a few months... *Shudders*
BlissfulkillSylviaWolfeAlmostNotsuper

Comments

• LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Rocks in Port Ceann have a much higher drop rate for nails than any other props. Summoning a pet for double hit also helps a lot :)
    You should be able to get about a stack per minute, if not more.
    CarlizeAeolys
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    This is wonderful to know as someone who uses nails to make homestead props.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I think you nailed it. Even with a stack a minute, you need quite a bit for some ranks of handicraft.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Apples are fairly easy to get from running Ciar. Goblins drop them quite often. This is where I gather my apples for PTJs and then just hoard them on a pet. Lidrster gave a good tip for the nails. Port Ceann is definitely the best area to gather nails with the help of a pet. This is where I always gather them when training Handicraft.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I dunno if I'd like to see them just sold in general/blacksmith shops, but I agree that they should be easier to obtain now. Maybe from the adventurer seal shop.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm not sure I feel like the nails are worth an adventure seal unless they're traded for a high number of them.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    A manual for the nails would be nice at least. Though, I did try the Port Ceann rock hitting. It did speed it up quite a bit, but it could be that I always need a ton of them that it feels a bit ineffective, but at least better than hitting the signs at least.

And it's been about 3 years since I ran Ciar. Think I might drop by in there... Was it Ciar Normal or Basic? Because I was told dungeons were revamped and some mobs don't appear in what was considered norm for them in the past.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I swear by the port ceann rocks. I need ~600 every 2 months for one of the housing castles and usually get all of them within 40 or so minutes if I have pets out. The pets do run out of stamina though, so switching when you see them hitting less often.
  • RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    Or you can make a party and play Enduring Melody, the pet gets the buff too. Divine Link also helps out since the pet's stam gets buffed :B
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Nails, apples, FLOUR and WOOD BOARDS should be at NPCs shops
    I can buy all those items irl easily but in mabi is just stupid.
  • DeadglareDeadglare
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    there's a easy place to get nail though in port cobh near the guy with the daily quest of delivering 5 large nails.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    1 Iron Ingot = 5 nails seems appropriate.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Sheena wrote: »

@Sheena While it is true that those items are easily available today in a store, in the time frame that Mabinogi is supposed to be set they were valuable items. In the case of nails in particular it was commonplace when moving to burn down the house to salvage the nails.
    Wood planks were common, but wood boards of any size and straightness were coveted items, and were a sign of craftsmanship.
    I'm not sure as far as apples, they seem like they should be a staple, but I think they were hard to find of good quality in.
    Flour would not have been a mass produced good, and wouldn't last to the same degree that it does today.

From a history standpoint, not having these objects in the store would make sense. However, I haven't seen any evidence to support Celtic mopeds, so this is probably a moot point.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    edited April 12, 2017
    Actually, Flour can be obtained from Glewyas via Kitchen dungeon runs. I do believe they are one of the bronze order list, Order List One tokens.
  • CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Actually, Flour can be obtained from Glewyas via Kitchen dungeon runs. I do believe they are one of the bronze order list, Order List One tokens.
    Falcondae wrote: »

so Falcondae which server are you on anyways?
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Tsumuku wrote: »

@Sheena While it is true that those items are easily available today in a store, in the time frame that Mabinogi is supposed to be set they were valuable items. In the case of nails in particular it was commonplace when moving to burn down the house to salvage the nails.
    Wood planks were common, but wood boards of any size and straightness were coveted items, and were a sign of craftsmanship.
    I'm not sure as far as apples, they seem like they should be a staple, but I think they were hard to find of good quality in.
    Flour would not have been a mass produced good, and wouldn't last to the same degree that it does today.

From a history standpoint, not having these objects in the store would make sense. However, I haven't seen any evidence to support Celtic mopeds, so this is probably a moot point.

Even if thats true, I dont think someone needs:
    Firewood × 5
    Large Nail × 5
    Iron Bar × 2
    Tough String × 2

To make a wood board, It should be only wood and either the Handicraft Kit or the Woodworking Plane
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    How about they just let us mass multiply them like we can mass multiply ingots with alchemy, problem solved!
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I feel like people wouldn't make these suggestions if apples actually stacked...

And if Nails stacked even more.

Flour could use some stacking too....
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    I know some ingredients don't stack, like apples and celery, which doesn't make sense since larger items like turkey and chicken can.

Come to think of it, higher stack count for nails sounds more appropriate. I mean, you don't exactly buy a few nails when you go to the hardware store; even the finishing ones come in packets of 25 or so, unless it's one of those super fancy, plated nails that sell for like $2 per unit X_x;;;

And flour either needs to be stacked or made smaller. And maybe make the milling success rate higher too. Hate running back and forth between the wheat fields and mill because of a fail...