Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi's Wiki and Wiki Tools

Comments

• Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited October 6, 2019
    Hazurah wrote: »
    the hardest part is measuring the dungeon changes since that huge patch

And over 2 years on from that quote, there's still not much progress on that. The thing is, since that update, playing Uladh dungeons isn't an efficient use of gaming time. When I've got time to do stuff on the wiki, I don't look for a random page that needs updating and work on it. I work on pages that I personally use or need. So, I'm altruistic enough to try to improve the wiki for the benefit of the community, but still selfish enough to only work on the bits that are also of some help to me. I suspect a lot of editors are like me. So, if you find some part of the game that's been around for many years, and it's not well documented on the wiki, chances are it's a part of the game you should consider ignoring.

If Nexon greatly increased the combat power of mobs in Uladh dungeons, so that most of us could earning experience from them and use them for completing training requirements involving strong, awful or boss mobs, then we'd probably find people would start playing Uladh dungeons more and wiki editors would start updating the relevant wiki pages.

And I don't mean to imply that being a partially selfish editor like me is a bad thing. We've all got time constraints and any accurate edit is a good thing for the wiki. Nor do I mean to imply that all wiki editors are like me. There are some truly selfless people who work on the wiki, or maybe they are obsessive compulsives who just can't stop themselves from trying to complete the wiki. Whether their efforts are due to extreme altruism or a mental health issue, I'm very grateful that they chose to work on "our" wiki! :)

(But seriously, if it is an obsessive compulsive thing for you, try to take some time away from the wiki and go talk to your doctor about it. I appreciate your work on the wiki, but I'd be happier if the wiki has a few gaps but you get healthy.)
    Darkpixie99