Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Was MOONGATE BOOK...

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 9, 2017
    Marith wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    What else could you have in your ME inventory at your level?

Making a lot of assumptions here.

My single assumption is pretty simple. You don't want another 2x2 item in your me inventory.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited May 9, 2017

My single assumption is pretty simple. You don't want another 2x2 item in your me inventory.

It wouldn't be finding any room in my me inventory, since that's been full up for about 7 years, but yeah, if they're gonna give us instant warp to any moon gate, I'm sure they could make it work like cont warp and not require a space-waster.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2017

It wouldn't be finding any room in my me inventory, since that's been full up for about 7 years, but yeah, if they're gonna give us instant warp to any moon gate, I'm sure they could make it work like cont warp and not require a space-waster.

No it's suppose to be a book, similar to what players under 1k have. It will just have a usage price - which I hope will be nominal. Either way I want it implemented because there are already too many tedious chores to do going back and forth everywhere.

I feared they were not going to implement it and I have fud reasons why.

C'mon NA give us the book, and don't say because "we are not other regions". :|
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I never used that silly book when I had it. with moon gates and mana tunnels open all the time now the book is simply not needed. players already don't travel much as it is and Iria is usually dead and empty. these days I rarely see a bridge going from Karu Forest to the area that leads to Filia but back when we had to wait for the gates and tunnels people used the bridge all the time. Nexon probably won't go back to making players wait for moon gates and mana tunnels to activate as it would likely upset to many players however I don't want this book in the game making the rest of Erinn more dead then it already is. commerce in Iria would be a great idea to encourage players to travel there again and do what you supposed to do there which is travel and explore and it is one of the only things I can think of that would bring Iria back to life.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I won't let that update die. :|
  • MarithMarith
    edited May 9, 2017
    I can understand why one would want said utility. And you're not gonna get the "There's too many moongates already" argument out of me. I'll just probably stuff it in the bank if/when we get it though.

I'm curious what the usage cost would be though.

Still though, if it came out in other regions, then it's silly not to give it to us.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2017
    I can understand why one would want said utility. And you're not gonna get the "There's too many moongates already" argument out of me. I'll just probably stuff it in the bank if/when we get it though.

Still though, if it came out in other regions, then it's silly not to give it to us.

There is still old unreleased content to this day. This one is a big deal and a lot of us know why. Either way, it still needs to be released to us. I won't give up. :|

NA just release it to us and update your VIP services. >:(
  • MarithMarith

There is still old unreleased content to this day. This one is a big deal and a lot of us know why. Either way, it still needs to be released to us. I won't give up. :|

Yup, good old royal diamond leather armor in the commerce shop. Instead it came out 2 or 3 times in events/gachas. Among other things that haven't been released for years, for seemingly no reason. Wasn't the bank limit of gold per character upped to 10m in foreign servers? And house limit at 50m or something?

Sure, give us the book. I'll join this train after all.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yup, good old royal diamond leather armor in the commerce shop. Instead it came out 2 or 3 times in events/gachas. Among other things that haven't been released for years, for seemingly no reason. Wasn't the bank limit of gold per character upped to 10m in foreign servers? And house limit at 50m or something?

Sure, give us the book. I'll join this train after all.

50m for housing. They need to release that for us as well! :|
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I don't really understand this idea of the moon book is going to make the game more empty than it already is though? Making people wait longer to do something does not equal them having fun. I think people should have the option to log on, travel somewhere quick if they need to, do what they came on to do, and log back off.

Making them take longer doesn't mean they stay on any longer after. For example, look at the events we're having where we have to wait a half hour to do things. People aren't necessarily playing more after they're done everything. Same applies to this.

Besides that, the people who don't want to use the book don't have to. But it should still be an option for those who do.
    Xiokun
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Well, if they really do implement this, I'd rather them just make it use the continent warp skill. The book would make continent warp obsolete and useless, so just merge the two together! :3 It'll be like one big portable moon gate.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Well, if they really do implement this, I'd rather them just make it use the continent warp skill. The book would make continent warp obsolete and useless, so just merge the two together! :3 It'll be like one big portable moon gate.

No it wouldn't, because the moongate book after level 1k costs gold.
  • XiokunXiokun

50m for housing. They need to release that for us as well! :|

Ohohoho. I can't I wait until they release THIS. I'm going to save up 10m just for the FIRST DAY after its release. Everyone I'll have 9,999,999 prices for their big expensive stuff on the board, despite the limit being raised, and then I'll hurry up and snag some 60m worth item for only 10m! And so will everyone else! It'll be anarchy I say, ANARCHY!!!! *insert evil laugh*
    AlmostNotsuper
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if they gave us that book heir VIP service sales would plummet... and that's just my viewpoint. they need to strengthen their VIP service a LOT before they consider handing over a book to everyone that pretty much gives them one of the best reasons to get VIP..... infinite continent warp
    GretaNegumiko
  • XiokunXiokun
    I know how to revive VIP services!
    Daily direct dyes of every dye type. (Untradable)
    RB potions weekly!
    No pet summon time limit!
    Even BIGGER storage!

And everyone will come running like no tomorrow.
    NegumikoZeo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Isn't the whole reason we'd get this "Post-1k Moonlight Traveler's Book" because we never got the "Smart Content" update KR has?

Theirs is some sort of "browser" in-game.
    And one of the functions is Moon Gate/Mana Tunnel warping.

Not sure if that's VIP-only or "0 gold costs with VIP" or whatever but.
    Here's a video of a player using it to warp to Dugal Aisle's raccoon moongate.

~9m 42s in.

I kinda wish we'd get THAT instead of the book, if only because it'd save a small amount of inv space, but the book is destructible anyways so whatever, ya'know?
    I do want this function, regardless.
    Crimsọn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    RB potions weekly!
    Even BIGGER storage!

VIP service really needs a update and these ideas are great! they should also update that random prize list and remove all the useless items from it and add things we could actually use. like maybe a RB potion or unrestricted dungeon pass as possible prizes. no pet summon time limit sounds okay but I rarely use all the summon time on a pet anyway so not sure we really need it.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited May 9, 2017
    There are moongates everywhere. I don't really see it as necessary if you have a useable pet. The house limit, however, would be great.
    Greta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Twelie wrote: »
    There are moongates everywhere. I don't really see it as necessary if you have a useable pet.

Shhhhh... let them throw away their gold it'sfine.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    RB potions weekly!
    Even BIGGER storage!

I mean if they made the dyes unexpireable? (from what I remember when there was free premium they expired) And with the rb potion and storage??
    Idk, I think a lot of people would heavily consider it.
This discussion has been closed.