Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Was MOONGATE BOOK...

Comments

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited July 18, 2017
    As a new player who currently still has access to the Moonlight Traveler Book, I can see both its pros and cons. As a pro, it makes grinding, quests, and miscellaneous errands much quicker than even traveling with a mount would allow for. As a con, however, it reduces the incentive to explore on foot or on a mount. After all, why slog all the way from Tir to Dunbarton on foot if you can just whip out your magic teleport book and be where you want to go in an instant? Of course, it does ruin the cinematic impact of the cutscene you get when you initially arrive in Belvast if you used the book instead of hopping a boat. It's not as epic...and is kind of jarring instead of being wondrous and exciting as intended.

But, a lot of people these days seem to be playing MMORPG's to max their characters' power and kill the biggest bosses for the rarest, most powerful loot and biggest gold bounties instead of playing for the journey and the stories they formulate in their minds for their characters as they travel around and get stronger. I'm sure that most of those people don't mind the loss of emotional impact for those cutscenes and just skip them and go on with their day. For me, though, it was kind of a sad moment when I realized that I had totally blown the impact of my first visit to Belvast by using the book instead of the boat...But, I'm just the kind of weirdo that sits through the story custscenes in Generation missions instead of skipping them to get to the boss fight or completion reward more quickly.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Gaea wrote: »
    @Saygo @Nkeona @Mewlynne @Katherz Are we ever going to get this item?

I wish we could have an answer even if it's no :( I wonder if KR is preventing them from telling us?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 20, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    @Saygo @Nkeona @Mewlynne @Katherz Are we ever going to get this item?

I wish we could have an answer even if it's no :( I wonder if KR is preventing them from telling us?

Well...

I asked in the discord last night and I was basically told they are not authorized to tell us. My gut feeling concluded something not good about that statement especially with the length of time we have endured. Not just with this update, but other interface updates and features. Because if they were going to implement it they would say "soon" or that "they are working on it". But with Nexon, when they say they are unable to disclose that information it means NO.

So basically I don't think we're going to get it. :(

Sigh...

Why do we have to have the dumbed down version of Mabinogi? There are so many things long past that KR has that we don't have. I can only negatively speculate because there is no clarity, ever. They won't tell us the truth about anything. Even though customer service has come a long way in the last few years - there is still a huge barrier to overcome. At this point, I don't think we are going to go much further in terms of progress.

I now see why people are leaving. And it's not just because of gacha, or the other ridiculous minutiae of everything else...it boils down to this curse we have endured for the last decade. This is not the first time we have been held in the dark about stuff, and it won't be the last.

No offense to our Mabinogi staff of course, I know you guys are bound to propriety information. We still appreciate you and understand your position. Just know that we are becoming...tired of this - for lack of better words.

We are not other reagions is just another way of saying we're not worth it.

Also once again I have to conclude that KR hates us.
    IyasenubadnewsbarrettArchdukeValeCortezTwelie
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Honestly, why does the US server have a dumbed down version of the game? Seems weird since it means maintaining different server codes and it splits the player base which cuts down on the amount of free bug testers. I mean, honestly all KR would have to do is translate text to English.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Honestly, why does the US server have a dumbed down version of the game? Seems weird since it means maintaining different server codes and it splits the player base which cuts down on the amount of free bug testers. I mean, honestly all KR would have to do is translate text to English.

It's probably why we have so many bloody glitches. >_<
This discussion has been closed.